Developers are invited to participate in AutoMobility LA’s Hackathon presented by Honda Innovations, which takes place over 24 hours on November 27-28 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
Participants will have the opportunity to use data from the City of L.A. to address mobility challenges posed to a dynamic city like Los Angeles when it comes to hosting major events. Those solutions for DRIVERS or PASSENGERS could range from a navigation app for locals to avoid traffic jams, to an AR app for visitors to explore the area, to a fully blown Virtual Reality app for fans to experience the games in vehicle. We’ll provide the data, the tools, the car and the caffeine. You just need to bring your great ideas and coding skills.
Courtesy of Connected Travel and Visa, first, second and third place winners will receive a $7500, $2500, and $1000 prize, respectively.
Grand prize winners will be announced and awarded on the main stage of AutoMobility LA, inside the Technology Pavilion on Wednesday, November 29.
Receive direct access to architects and engineers from partner companies
Opportunity to network with other developers, tech suppliers, manufactures, media, and automotive industry professionals
Access to AutoMobility LA keynotes, conferences and vehicle debuts
Monday, November 27
- 8:00 am – 10:00 am — Registration & Developer Check-In
- 10:00 am — Presentation by Honda Innovation, explanation of hack rules & process
- 11:00 am — Hacking begins; to conclude Tuesday, November 28 at 3:00 pm
- 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm – Optional networking reception with complimentary drinks, apps and access to Technology Pavilion exhibits at AutoMobility LA
Tuesday, November 28
- 7:00 am – 8:15 am – Breakfast served; coding continues
- 12:10 pm – 1:10 pm — Lunch
- 3:00 pm – Coding concludes; teams/individuals present to judges
- 5:30 pm – 6:45 pm – Exhibitor Happy Hour (Technology Pavilion)
- All day – Participants to have access to AutoMobility LA’s award-winning conference (keynotes, panels, discussions, etc.) and exhibits (Technology Pavilion)
Wednesday, November 29
- 3:30 pm – 3:45 pm – Hackathon awards presented
- 3:50 pm – 5:25 pm – “Designers and the Smart City” panel and Design & Developer Challenge Presentations
- 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm – The Social
- All Day – Participants may attend AutoMobility LA, includes Intel keynote and vehicle debuts (Technology Pavilion)
$99 per person until November 24.
For more details click the button 'I want to participate', then 'Show details'. Find out more about hackathons in our hackathon section.