The contest rules online – Samsung Algorytmic Challenge
§ 1 [preliminary provisions]
1. These regulations (hereinafter referred to as "Regulations") specify the rules and procedure for conducting the Competition under the name – Samsung Algorytmic Challenge (hereinafter referred to as the "Competition") organized by Job’n’Joy Sp. z o.o. (Rydygiera 13b/U8, 01-793 Warszawa), Tax Identification Number: 5213581650, REGON 142604067, KRS 0000365468; (hereinafter the content as "Organizer").
2. Samsung Electronics Polska Sp. z o.o. with registered office in Warsaw (address: ul. Postępu 14, NIP: 5261044039, REGON: 011612810, share capital of PLN 52.759.500,00) is the Titular Partner of the Competition (hereinafter referred to as „Samsung”).
3. The Competition takes place on Oct 22 - Nov 29, 2020. in the form of an online competition.
4. The Organizer is understood as the one promising the reward within the meaning of Article 919 and 921 Polish Civil Code.
5. Joining the Competition is possible only after accepting the terms of these Regulations.
§ 2 [the conditions for participation in the Competition]
1. The competition is intended for natural persons who, at the time of registering for participation in the Competition, meet the following conditions:
a) have turned 18 years old,
b) have their place of residence in the territory of the Republic of Poland,
c) have full legal capacity,
d) read the content of these Regulations and accept its provisions.
2. The Competition cannot be attended by: employees or contractors of the Organizer or Samsung, nor the immediate family members (by members of the immediate family understood as: preliminary, descendants, siblings, spouses of siblings, spouses' parents, relatives in the sideline to the first degree and persons with an adoption or marriage ratio).
3. Participation in the Competition is free and voluntary.
§ 3 [rules of the competition]
1. The condition for participation in the Competition is to complete the registration form via the https://challengerocket.com/c/samsung/samsung-algorithmic-challenge/
2. Participation in the Competition can be taken only individually. Participants apply individually to the competition.
3. The Participant's task in the Competition is to solve programming tasks ("Competition Work") placed on the ChallengeRocket platform, located on the competition website at https://challengerocket.com/c/samsung/samsung-algorithmic-challenge/, during the Competition.
4. Each Participant can register for the Competition and take the Competition tasks only once. After starting the test, the Participant must complete it within the given time limit. After the test is completed, it will not be possible to retake it. Participants who will try to register for the Competition from multiple accounts and take the test more than once will be disqualified.
5. Competition task can be solved only using the C++ programming language.
6. The Organizer reserves the right to check whether the entire Competition Work code, excluding the ready, publicly available and legal libraries, was created by the Competition Participant as part of its duration.
7. In the event of a breach of the provisions of the Regulations and the generally applicable provisions of law, by the Competition Participant, the Organizer shall have the right to disqualify the given Participant from participation in the Competition. Verification of Competition Participants' conduct by the Organizer may take place not only during the Competition, but also during the preparation for and after the Competition, provided that the behavior of the Competition Participants is related to the Competition itself.
§ 4 [prizes]
1. The results obtained by the Participants in the Competition will be published after the end of the Competition.
2. The winner of the competition is a Participant who will solve all competition in the fastest way and achieve the highest number of points.
3. If the Participants achieved the same results (time and points), the Participant's place is determined by the time of submitting solutions to the competition tasks from the start of the Competition.
4. The Organizer provides material and cash prizes for the winning Participants who are the authors of the 3 best Competition Works, in the form of:
a) 1st place
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ 5G
Samsung Book Cover Keyboard for Galaxy Tab S7+ black
Branded laptop backpack
PLN 3000 for the Participant
b) 2nd place
Samsung Galaxy Watch3 Bluetooth (45mm)
Branded laptop backpack
PLN 2000 for the Participant
c) 3rd place
Samsung Galaxy Buds Live black
Branded laptop backpack
PLN 1000 for the Participant
5. The Organizer reserves the right to grant additional prizes to the Competition Participants.
6. According to article 21 paragraph 1 point 68 of the polish Personal Income Tax Act in case of competitions and games contests in the field of science tax exemptions shall be applied to the value of winnings if a one-off value of the winnings for a prize does not exceed PLN 2000.
7. The winners will be announced on December 04, 2020 via the website https://challengerocket.com/c/samsung/samsung-algorithmic-challenge/
8. Material Prizes will be sent by post.
9. The authors of the winning Competition Works undertake to provide Job’n’Joy with complete and correct bank account details and personal data enabling the tax settlement of the prize within 14 days from the date of announcing the Winners (ie from December 4, 2020). The payment of each prize will take place within 30 days counting from the day of receiving from the winner complete and correct data. If the above-mentioned information is not provided within 30 days from the date of announcing the Competition Winners (ie from December 4, 2020), the Organizer reserves the right to cancel the prize or grant it to another Participant.
10. Only Job’n’Joy is responsible for collecting and paying the due tax if applicable.
11. Job’n’Joy, as a payer of lump sum income tax for individuals, before paying the prize to the winning Participants - will calculate, collect and pay to the competent Tax Office a 10% flat-rate income tax due to the prize - pursuant to Art. 41 par. 7 of the Act of 26 July 1991 on personal income tax (consolidated text Journal of Laws of 2000, No. 14 item 176, as amended).
§ 5. [intellectual property rights to the competition work]
1. The Competition Participants remain the owners of all intellectual property rights, including copyrights to works and works created during the Competition.
2. The participant declares and ensures that the Competition Work is its sole authorship and does not infringe any rights of third parties. The Competition Participant also declares that he accepts full and unlimited liability for any claims of third parties directed to the Organizer regarding Competition Work, including claims arising in connection with the Competition Participant's performance of business or professional activity based on the Competition Work, with utilizing/using this Competition Work.
3. The Competition Participant grants the Organizers and Samsung Electronics Polska Sp. z o.o. permission to use photographs, screen shots and other materials showing the Participants images, the site or other elements related to the Competition for internal and promotional purposes of the Organizer.
§ 6 [processing of personal data]
1. According to art. 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (hereafter "GDPR"), your personal data are processed by Organizer.
2. Your personal data will be processed to:
a) registration of participation in the Competition, conducting the Competition and submitting prizes (article 6 (1)(f) and article 6 (1)(c) of the GDPR);
b) receive notifications of current job offers based on granted consent (article 6 (1)(a) of the GDPR);
3. The Organizer or Samsung in the field of legitimate interest (article 6 (1)(f) of the GDPR) may during and after the Competition process the data in order to directly offer the Participant terms of cooperation.
4.Your personal data may be shared with:
a) service providers pursuant to art. 28 of the GDPR
b) subjects, bodies or authorities, independent data controllers, to whom it is mandatory to get your personal data in accordance with the provisions of law or orders of the authorities.
5. Providing personal data by the Participant is voluntary, but it is necessary to participate in the Competition due to its type and manner of conducting. Consent to receive job offer is voluntary.
6. Participants' data will be stored:
a) for the period necessary until the end of the Competition, and after that for the period and to the extent required by law or to secure any claims;
b) 12 months from the end of the Competition or until the Participant withdraws his consent to receive notifications of current job offers;
c) for the period necessary until the legitimate interest underlying the processing is fulfilled or until the Participant objects to such processing.
7. Under the GDPR You have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
8. In order to exercise the rights listed above, the Participant may contact the Organizer via: email@example.com
9. To the extent of the consent given by the Participant to receive notifications of current job offers, the Participant's data will be available to Samsung Electronics Polska Sp. z o.o. for this purpose. In this case, Samsung Electronics Polska Sp. z o.o.
is a separate controller of the Participants' data used to send relevant notifications.
§ 7 [final provisions]
1. The rules of the Competition are set out in these Regulations and Competition official website. All information about the Competition available in advertising materials is for information purposes only. In matters not covered by these Regulations, the provisions of the Civil Code, the Act on the Protection of Personal Data and the Act on Copyright and Related Rights shall apply.
2. The Organizer reserves the right to change the Regulations, if it is dictated by important reasons independent of the Organizer.
3. The Organizer will inform the Participant that the Regulations will be amended electronically and will place the Regulations in a new wording on the Competition website.
4. The Organizer is not liable for any material or non-material damage caused by the Participant in the results of taking part in the Competition or as a result of and in connection with the designation or not intended for the Award. The participant bears full responsibility for the damage caused.
5. The organizer reserves the right to change and/or remove content that violates the generally applicable law, during the Competition and to end the audience voting.
6. These Regulations will be published on the Competition website: https://challengerocket.com/c/samsung/samsung-algorithmic-challenge/
The organizer may also publish the Regulations on the internal intranet.
7. Participant may submit complaints regarding the Competition via firstname.lastname@example.org. Any complaints are dealt with immediately.