Welcome to Challenge!
CMD-IT, Center for Minorities and People with Disabilities in IT, is an organization that helps Blacks/African Americans, Hispanics/Latinos, Native Americans and People with Disabilities in Computing and Technology. Our community has many Computer Scientists and students working on their Computing degrees with goals to impact the world through great technical innovation. The immense talent is often overlooked but continues to shine in places where they feel isolated and alone.
In light of recent events, we feel it’s necessary to give our community an outlet to build solutions that fosters inclusive designs to break down the institutional structures in this country so that all people can contribute to building a social positive society. We are looking for organizations to contribute their tech projects for our Impact Innovation Solutions Challenge.
The idea is to provide opportunities for students to:
- Have a technical mentor throughout the project
- Gain technical skills
- Collaborate with tech professionals
- Learn how technology is used in various ways to solve big problems
Ideally, we’d like you to provide a technical mentor throughout the project, but if this is not possible, encourage your technical staff to engage with students during this challenge and provide guidance/suggestions that leads them through a thought process for designing solutions.
Students, Faculty, Researchers, Industry Professionals, Entrepreneurs and Techies are all Welcomed!
- You must be a resident of The United States of America (including Puerto Rico and Territories)
- You must have a team of 3-5 people. At minimum 3 members on your team, but no more than 5 members.
- We encourage diverse teams that foster innovative thinking and ideas. CMD-IT supports 4 target groups: Black/African Americans, Hispanics/Latinos, Native American/Indigenous and People with Disabilities. Be inclusive.
- Include team members from another school, or another company or from a different background.
Submit your Applications today!