Welcome to JP Morgan Social Good Challenges!
JP Morgan has a long standing in the banking industry and providing financial products to people around the world. They want you to join in this Social Good Challenges!
- Financial Literacy
- Best Hack for Empowering Minority Entrepreneurs
- Financial Capability of Students
With two billion unbanked people around the world (8.4 million unbanked U.S. households, or about 14.1 million adults), there is an urgent need to expand financial literacy. Whether it’s understanding basic financial products such as loans, mortgages, and checking accounts or learning about more complex topics, such as derivatives, futures trading, and other investment strategies, there is a clear need for greater access to financial education and advisory for both individuals and institutions.
We challenge you to create a web or mobile application that would either promote financial literacy for individuals (college students, unbanked adults, small businesses, etc) or provide financial advisory/education on derivatives, futures trading, or how to invest to companies. In addition to providing gamified, guided learning, the application should present users with interactive scenarios.
Extra points will be given if you incorporate one or more of the following:
- The learning scenarios are configurable to allow users to plug in “real-life figures.”
Example: Given a loan scenario, the salary range required to pay back incurred debt
- The web or mobile application is scalable to deliver learning in any other area of study
Students, Faculty, Researchers, Industry Professionals, Entrepreneurs and Techies are all Welcomed!
- You must be a resident of The United States of America (including Puerto Rico and Territories)
- You must have a team of 3-5 people. At minimum 3 members on your team, but no more than 5 members.
- We encourage diverse teams that foster innovative thinking and ideas. CMD-IT supports 4 target groups: Black/African Americans, Hispanics/Latinos, Native American/Indigenous and People with Disabilities. Be inclusive.
- Include team members from another school, or another company or from a different background.
Applications Open February 1, 2020!
First prize winners receive Bose headphone (250$).
Tapia Conference Pass for 1st 2nd and 3rd winner: https://tapiaconference.cmd-it.org/