Welcome to JP Morgan Empowering Black Entrepreneurs
JP Morgan has a long standing in the banking industry and providing financial products to people around the world. They want you to join in this Social Good Challenges!
- Financial Literacy
- Best Hack for Empowering Minority Entrepreneurs
- Financial Capability of Students
Minorities often face unique challenges as entrepreneurs and small business owners. Some of these challenges include defying social expectations, gaining access to capital, being part of business networks, finding a community of like-minded mentors, and knowledge of how to effectively and strategically partner with local government.
Develop a web or mobile app that would help increase the number, capability, or capacity of minority entrepreneurs and small business owners. If you are looking for some ideas, you can consider one or more of the following questions:
- How can local business associations and local government better reach and encourage first-time minority entrepreneurs and small business owners?
- How can we create a community among minority entrepreneurs and small business owners so they can share best practices, resources, and mentorship opportunities with each other?
- How can minority entrepreneurs more easily know if they qualify for special funding and resources from local government or business councils?
- How can cities experiencing growth in economic development better spread the word about small business opportunities, particularly to minority entrepreneurs?
- How can governments, venture capitalists, banks, and other financial institutions better support minority entrepreneurs and small business owners with access to capital?
Students, Faculty, Researchers, Industry Professionals, Entrepreneurs and Techies are all Welcomed!
- You must be a resident of The United States of America (including Puerto Rico and Territories)
- You must have a team of 3-5 people. At minimum 3 members on your team, but no more than 5 members.
- We encourage diverse teams that foster innovative thinking and ideas. CMD-IT supports 4 target groups: Black/African Americans, Hispanics/Latinos, Native American/Indigenous and People with Disabilities. Be inclusive.
- Include team members from another school, or another company or from a different background.
Applications Open February 1, 2020!
First prize winners receive Bose headphone (250$).
Tapia Conference Pass for 1st 2nd and 3rd winner: https://tapiaconference.cmd-it.org/