Offer is no longer available
Big Data Internship
- 100% Remote
Hybrid, 100% remote
We invite students to join EPAM as Trainee/ Intern Big Data Developers. At this position you will be joining the team of engineers who are building state-of-the-art solutions using big-data technologies. Take care of your future and start your career with us!
- A global digital transformation services provider with over 60 000 engineers working in 40+ countries and heavy presence in Central an Eastern Europe joining over 5000 IT professionals in Poland alone
- The company is US-based but with heavy presence in Central and Eastern Europe - almost 5000 persons in Poland alone
- Our clients come from Financial Services, Software & High Tech, Business Information & Media, Travel & Consumer, Healthcare and others.
- Named "Great Place to Work" in Poland in 2021
Participants will receive the necessary level of knowledge and practical experience that will enable them to begin building a successful career in IT. The program focuses on the most useful and practical information for starting out in Data Engineering and for performing efficient work on real projects.
It is completely free of charge and will be held in Gdańsk, Wrocław and Kraków.
- Daily work on exciting, data-driven projects
- Upskilling in programming by systematic, hands-on programming and work on big data
- A competitive salary and benefits
- Both full-time and part-time engagements are possible (a minimum of 20 hours per week will be expected)
- Full-time and part-time students are welcome
After completing this program, the successful candidates will get an opportunity to continue their path within EPAM according to their level, skills and available opportunities.
1 July 2022
5 times per week
HOW TO JOIN
- English Test - you can find the test in your profile. Please fill it in within 1-2 days after you register.
- Online Technical Test - the test is online-based and will be sent to all candidates via email message. Please pass it within 3 days after receiving it.
- Interview with recruiter - for selected candidates - phone call.
- Technical interview - remotely on MS Teams.
The formal condition for obtaining employment after the program is the candidate's access to the Polish labor market in the scope enabling employment at EPAM Systems (Poland) Sp. z o.o.. That is why we invite candidates with free/legalized access to polish labor market.
Considering the limited number of slots for this training, the order of application and the assessment results will be decisive factors in being enrolled.
CHOOSE THIS TRAINING IF YOU
... are enthusiastic and dedicated person with some knowledge in programming or data technologies.
WANT TO SEE THE DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THE PROGRAM?
BIG DATA INTERNSHIP
JAVA CORE PART
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Java Fundamentals (Java Basics, Data Structures, Exceptions, Logging, Lambdas, Streams, IO/NIO, Unit Testing)
- Java Advanced (Generics, Nested Classes, Annotations, Reflection, Internationalization)
- Data Persistence (RDBMC, SQL, JDBC, XML, JSON)
BIG DATA PART
- Introduction to Big Data
- Introduction to Cloud
- DevOps in Big Data
- Spark. Part 1 Core
- Spark. Part 2 Advanced
- Streaming Basics/Kafka
- Spark Streaming
- Big Data Auxiliary tools
- NoSQL general knowledge
USEFUL BOOKS AND LINKS
1. Java -> Memory Model, Stream API and lambdas
2. Linux-> Linux bible 3-7 chapters
3. Hadoop the definitive guide
4. Spark the definitive guide/Spark under the hood
Nice to have
Requirements and qualifications
- Working knowledge of at least one programming language (Java/Scala or Python preferred)
- Basics of SQL syntax
- Understanding of databases and data structures
- Good command of English, both in writing and speaking (B1)
- Interest in working with data in any aspect
Home office possible
Increase your chances of getting this job
skills onlineShow your talent in Skill Verification Challenges
Apply with CV+
Verified Skill ProfileYou decide which skills you want to reveal
your verified skillsNot just resume. It makes you stand out against other candidates
final interviewFaster. Based on skills you demonstrate not just declare on CV