- Job offers
- [Mid/Senior] Front-end dev (remote in European time zone, Jap&US based team)
Offer is no longer available
[Mid/Senior] Front-end dev (remote in European time zone, Jap&US based team)
Progummy - view profile
- 100% Remote
- Offer with SkillChallenge
Remote worldwide (EUR time zone, teams in Tokyo & US)
Progummy provides a visual programming service that connects children around the world who will be the future leaders and fosters their smiles and creativity in the age of COVID-19. We are looking for a web application developer who has a passion for children's education and wants to lead the ambitious development of remote collaborative IDE using real-time databases and other web technologies as a core member of Progummy.
Learn more about us and our approach:
- firebase API
- Web Development
Nice to have
- Knowledge of cost management on Firebase/AWS Services
- Experience in identity and access management services like Firebase Authentication or AWS IAM/Cognito
- Knowledge of browser performance
- stress testing
- web security
- Set up and deploy, manage our services on Firebase instances via Firebase console and CLIs.
- Learn the data structure of Scratch and how it works for the development.
Additional / optional element:
We understand if you'd like just to code. It would be awesome though if you could also support our team with additional automated testing, if that's your thing.
- Plan testing strategy to improve the quality of real-time visual programming IDE.
- For the tests, learn how to make complicated large-scale Scratch programs with extensions to getting tests done.
- agile task-based work with sprint-based iterations but it is not so strict at this moment
- daily online standup
- two planning meetings a week
- bi-weekly sprint review
- bi-weekly retrospective
Requirements and qualifications
- 3+ years of professional non-internship experience with web application development
- Experience in real-time database services like Firebase Realtime Database, Firestore, or AWS DynamoDB
- Experience in developing test plans, prioritization/triage of bugs, e2e test automation and can execute them by oneself
- Be able to handle early morning and late-night meetings on CET if necessary due to the time difference between Japan and the U.S. (weekly standup)
- Be able to communicate positively with non-native customers and colleagues globally
- Be willing to communicate in plain English.
- Be creative in conversation, writing, and visual expression.
- Be willing to learn about the Japanese culture if necessary.
- Be able to respect the way of thinking of people with diverse cultures, backgrounds, and values, without being rigidly bound by your own common sense.
- Be willing to work proactively with existing members to grow Progummy and realize a world where Progummy exists.
- Be able to think in user-centered terms, targeting children and educators.
- Be motivated to learn new technologies to solve problems and improve our services for the better customer experience.