- Job offers
- Embedded Developer
- Senior Embedded WiFi Engineer
Senior Embedded WiFi Engineer
- 100% Remote
- Offer with SkillChallenge
Contract of Employment, B2B contract
Apply with CV. Then increase your chances by solving the test [15-30min, online].
After submitting your resume, you can show off your skills by solving 1 code task and get ahead of other candidates.
About the company
PicoCELA has been developing stable wireless mesh technology for the enterprise market for nearly 20 years. The PicoCELA Backhaul Engine (PBE), backed by dozens of inventions, is based on a unique dynamic tree routing technology that enables stable backhaul communication even in large mesh structures with mesh cluster sizes exceeding 10.
Wide-area Wi-Fi networks formed by PBE have been installed in an estimated 1,000 locations in Japan to date. In most of these installations, the amount of LAN cable wiring has been reduced by more than 70%. For example, in an underground shopping mall in Fukuoka City, 27 PicoCELA devices cover a total of 1.2km of continuous free Wi-Fi space with only 4 LAN cables. The wireless mesh system has been in operation for more than 10 years with more than 1.8 million users per year. It can be said to be one of the largest free Wi-Fi systems in Japan. The system is widely used as the No. 1 Wi-Fi solution in the construction and civil engineering market because of its ability to create a stable wireless network in a swift manner.
PicoCELA's advanced wireless technology and remarkable growth have earned the company a high reputation in many fields. Japan's Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (MLIT) operates the NETIS (New Technology Information System) as a core system to promote the use of new technologies in public works. PicoCELA is the first wireless mesh device to be registered as a recommended product. PicoCELA was also
selected as one of the NEXT Unicorn 100 by Nikkei Inc. in 2019 and as one of the High-Growth Companies Asia-Pacific 2021 by the Financial Times in 2021. We have also been recognized for our efforts in intellectual property, and in 2019, the Japan Patent Attorneys Association awarded us with the first-ever Intellectual Property Utilization Encouragement Award.
We have been developing our business mainly in Japan, but we are now taking actions such as expanding our product lineup, diversifying our solutions, and strengthening our organizations with the aim of expanding into the global market.
For more information on the technology and case studies, please refer to our website.
→ https://www.picocela.com (*The English site will be available soon. Please use your
browser's translation function first)
About the team
Dr. Furukawa, CEO of PicoCELA and the inventor of PBE, serves as CTO of PicoCELA's technical team, which is dedicated to developing cutting-edge wireless technologies. The trust of customers in the enterprise market can only be won through continuous quality improvement. Our talented technical team is the very essence of our company's values, and each of us takes pride and responsibility for quality in our daily work.
About the position/project
In order to further strengthen our technical team, we are looking for an engineer with a strong understanding of Wi-Fi and related technologies, a good understanding of IEEE802.11 and IETF standardized protocols, and experience implementing them in real products. Experience in developing routers and switches is also an eligible candidate. Candidates with knowledge of various edge applications using OSS, such as captive portal,
VPN, squid, Samba, LXC, etc. will be more attractive.
- We will not discriminate on the basis of race or gender in the selection process.
- We will respect diversity.
- We will use your application documents only for the purpose of selecting candidates and will not use them for any other purpose.
- All personal information and other information related to this application will be kept strictly confidential.
Working in our Warsaw office (96/83 Panska Street, Warsaw 00-837, Poland as of today, but subject to move to different place soon) is the basic principle, but remote work in the applicant's residence is also possible. We may request a business trip to Japan as necessary, taking into account the status of travel restrictions in each country due to the Covid-19 disaster.
- System development on embedded Linux
- Wireless backhaul function development/maintenance
- Development/maintenance of AP functions utilizing OSS (hostapd, wpa_supplicant)
- Daemon/Service software development
- WiFi driver porting/development/tuning
- Cross-development targeting ARM-based SoCs
You will work on development related to PBE, our core technology, and system development to realize the networking functionalities of the PCWL edge system.
The PCWL series functions as an edge computing platform, and you will also work on the
implementation of IoT Gateway and various edge applications.
Requirements and qualifications
- At least 5 years of experience in C, make, shell script
- At least 3 years of development experience on Linux
- Understanding of IEEE802.11 and IETF standardized protocols.
- Unit test implementation
- Ability to keep up with new technology trends.
- Able to work with other members of the technical team under the direction of the CTO or technical general manager.
- The person who values teamwork.
- Good communication skills to understand the needs of the product team or sales team.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Good communication skills in English.
Beneficial to have...
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix (Kernel layer, device drivers, netlink, ioctl, etc.)
- Experience with OSS on Wi-Fi functionality (hostapd, wpa_supplicant)
- Experience in releasing software to be embedded in hardware products
- Experience with IPv6 in business
- Understanding of the CSMA/CA mechanism in WiFi
- Experience leading projects
- Master's degree or PhD in engineering or information science
- Experience with WiFi related products, IoT or edge computing applications
- Able to communicate in Japanese or standard Chinese
- ARM-based SoC,
- Embedded Linux (OpenWRT)
- Ubuntu (as a build system),
- C, Make, shell script, Other high-level scripting languages (Python, TypeScript)
- GoogleChat, GoogleMeet, Confluence
Simple online applications and immediate feedback
With your CV or solve a skills test
Solve a task related to this job offer to fast track your application
Be instantly informed about an invite for an interview
Enjoy an easy and transparent recruitment process