§ 1 [preliminary provisions]
- These regulations (hereinafter referred to as the "Regulations") define the rules and procedure of the Contest under the name - AS Watson European Hackathon 2024 (hereinafter referred to as "Contest"), organized by A.S. Watson (Health & Beauty Continental Europe) BV, Nijborg 17, 3927 DA Renswoude, The Netherlands (hereinafter referred to as the "Organizer").
- The competition is organized online using the ChallengeRocket Platform, including the stationary component of the event, on April 13-14, 2024 at B. Amsterdam B3, Johan Huizingalaan 400, 1066 JS, Amsterdam.
- Joining the Competition is possible only for users of the ChallengeRocket Platform after accepting the terms of these Regulations.
§ 2 [conditions for participation in the Competition]
- The Competition is intended for natural persons who, at the time of entering the Competition, meet the following conditions: a) are over 18 and below 28 years of age, b) have their place of residence in the territory of the Netherlands, UK or Italy, c) have full legal capacity, d) have read the content of these Regulations and accept its provisions.
- Participation in the Competition is free and voluntary.
- In order to participate, it is necessary to fill in the appropriate registration form via the Platform.
- You can take part in the Competition in a team (from 4 to max. 7 people). Participants enter the competition on their own behalf.
- Each Competition Participant may be a member of only one team.
- The Organizer reserves the right to limit the number of accepted Entries to the Competition.
§ 3 [rules of the Competition]
- The task of the Participant in the Competition is to develop a project about Customer Loyalty and Enagagement Programms.
- Each Participant may enter the Competition only once.
- Entrants who attempt to register for the Contest from multiple accounts and attempt the Contest more than once will be disqualified.
- The Organizer reserves the right to check whether all the Participant's work, excluding ready-made, publicly available and legal libraries, was created by the Competition Participant as part of the Competition.
- In the event of a breach by the Participant of the provisions of the Regulations and of generally applicable law, the Organizer will have the right to disqualify the Participant from participation in the Competition.
§ 4 [adjudication]
- Competition participants will present their Competition Works to the Jury. The presentation time for one Competition Entry may not exceed 5-7 minutes.
- Competition Entries will be judged by the Jury.
- All Competition Entries will be assessed according to the following criteria: (TBD)
- The Jury's decisions are final and may not be appealed against.
- The Organizer provides prizes to the Winning Participants / Teams who are the authors of the 3 highest-rated Competition Entries: 1st prize is an organized trip to Hong Kong for 5 days. 2 runner up prizes TBD.
- The Competition winners will be announced on April 14, 2024 during the stationary component of the event and via the Platform.
§ 5. [intellectual property rights to the competition entry]
- The Participants shall submit statements about their copyright in the presented work. The statement must be signed by each co-author.
- The winners of the competition, upon acceptance of the prize, grant to the Organizer, an unlimited license, in all known fields of exploitation, for the recording and reproduction of the work, circulation of the original or copies on which the work was recorded, and other fields, such as public performance, exhibition, display, reproduction, broadcasting and rebroadcasting, making the work available to the public.
- The winner authorizes the Organizer to exercise derivative copyrights, to market and benefit from the development.
- The Team/Participant declares that the Competition Work produced and presented during the Hackathon is their authorship and does not infringe any rights of third parties. The Team/Participant also declares that they assume full and unlimited liability for any claims of third parties against the Organizer and Partners, arising in connection with the Participant's business or professional activity, based on the Competition Entry prepared during the Competition.
- By participating in the Competition, the Participant grants the Organizers and Partners permission to record his image on photo and video materials for promotional purposes for an indefinite period of time, without restrictions and without remuneration.
- The Participant gives the Organizers and Partners permission to use any photos showing the Competition Works that were created during the Competition for internal and promotional purposes.
§ 6 [final provisions]
- The rules of the Competition are set out in these Regulations. All information about the Competition available in the advertising materials is for information purposes only. In matters not covered by these Regulations, the provisions of the Civil Code, the Act on the Protection of Personal Data and the Act on Copyright and Related Rights shall apply.
- The Organizer reserves the right to change the Regulations, provided that it is dictated by important reasons beyond the control of the Organizer.
- The Organizer will inform the Participant about the change of the provisions of the Regulations by e-mail and will place the Regulations in the new wording on the Competition website.
- The Organizer shall not be liable for any property or non-material damage caused by the Participant as a result of taking part in the Competition or as a result of and in connection with the intended or not intended use of the Prize. The participant is fully responsible for the damage caused.
- The Organizer reserves the right to change and / or remove content that violates generally applicable laws during the Competition.
- The participant may submit reservations regarding the Competition.
- Complaints may be submitted via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complaints are recognized immediately. In the event that it is impossible to process the complaint within the indicated period, the Organizer will inform the applicant informs about it, providing at the same time the reason for the extension of the deadline for completion and the time provided for the reply.