Next HackYeah is coming up - zero-waste & health next in line!
This will be the sixth edition of the biggest stationary hackathon in Europe. HackYeah 2020 will be held worldwide on the internet, on November 27-29th. The tickets are free and the pool prize crossed 435 000 PLN!
Hackathon brings together experts from various languages of programming. The main aim of HackYeah! is to find the solutions and technological tools that will make people’s reality easier and better. During every edition, the event brings together all creative brains, who have the real will of action and change. Thanks to the invaluable skills and bright ideas of the attendees, HackYeah hackathons always result in practical and unconventional projects that achieve desired goals by using the newest technologies.
What tasks can you be ready for?
At the nearest edition of HackYeah! attendees will be looking for solutions in many different areas. There will be two kinds of categories, in which they can try themselves. In open categories, HackYeah people can submit their ideas connected with the particular subject matter, when in Partner’s tasks attendees have to find the tool that will cover the specific requirements established by the Partner.
Organizers reveal two open categories of HackYeah 2020:
- Zero Waste - where content support gives WWF Polska, the pool prize is 10 000 PLN
- Health - where content support gives Rak'n'Roll , pool prize is 10 000 PLN
Among the numerous Partner’s tasks, we can find tasks powered by The Main Partner, Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego. Partners of the hackathon are working hard on new tasks. However, the total pool prize crossed 435 00 PLN! Organizers announced that all news will be published on website and social media channels.
Hack Yeah! - is it for me?
As always, the hackathon is open for everyone: UX-ers, programmers, graphic designers, product managers, developers, and all other creative folks! The attendees will have a total of 40 hours to work on widely understood ecology, zero waste and health topics. An additional incentive for participants is the chance to further develop their idea and implement it. Projects participating in the competition can be submitted individually or in teams of up to 6 people. Communication between participants, organizers, mentors and jurors will take place on the Discord channel, which you can join today: https://discord.com/invite/6fUb38V. Every attendee can count on the support from mentors, concerning the technological matters as well as the ways of implementing ideas for solutions to the particular tasks.
More than just hackathon
Organizers believe that HackYeah is more than a hackathon - it’s basically a huge IT festival.
Besides hacking, you can
- take part in numerous webinars where speakers raise various topics from different IT and social branches. They will be streamed live from 23rd to 27th of November at HackYeah! Facebook profile;
- watch hacking awesome HackYeahTV! where HackYeah News, interviews with partners and attendees, webinars and some great music will be broadcasted;
- organizers will take care of maintaining the festival atmosphere known from the five previous hackathon editions, this time transferred to the virtual world. You can expect lots of live contests and activities that will make this productive weekend pleasant for you;
- join the gaming zone;
- meet online marvellous, creative and can-do people. Make friends or new business partners;
- it’s a perfect place to find awesome employers, just approach their online stand and talk your way into their company.