The competition rules online - Code4Schenker Challenge
§ 1 [preliminary provisions]
1. These regulations (hereinafter referred to as "Regulations") specify the rules and procedure for conducting the Competition under the name - Code4Schenker Challenge (hereinafter referred to as the "Competition") organized by ChallengeRocket Sp. z o.o. (Pl. Wolności 13/2, 35-073 Rzeszów, firstname.lastname@example.org), Tax Identification Number: 8133727946, REGON 365462321, KRS 0000638669; (hereinafter the content as "Organizer").
2. Schenker Technology Center (Warsaw) Sp. z o.o. with registered office in ul. Żwirki i Wigury 16C/bud. B4, 02-092 Warsaw, Tax Identification Number: 5223092384, KRS: 0000678472, REGON: 367311550, is the titular partner of the Competition (hereinafter referred to as "DB Schenker”).
3. The Competition takes place on March 9 - June 9, 2020 in the form of an online competition.
4. Joining the Competition is possible only after accepting the terms of these Regulations.
§ 2 [the conditions for participation in the Competition]
1. The competition is intended for natural persons who, at the time of registering for participation in the Competition, meet the following conditions:
a) have turned 18 years old,
b) have their place of residence in the territory of the Republic of Poland,
c) have full legal capacity,
d) read the content of these Regulations and accept its provisions.
2. The Competition can not be attended by: employees of the Organizer or DB Schenker, nor the immediate family members (by members of the immediate family understood as: preliminary, descendants, siblings, spouses of siblings, spouses' parents, relatives in the sideline to the first degree and persons with an adoption or marriage ratio).
3. Participation in the Competition is free and voluntary.
§ 3 [rules of the competition]
1. The condition for participation in the Competition is to complete the registration form via the dbschenker.challengerocket.com website.
2. Participation in the Competition can be taken only individually. Participants apply individually to the competition.
3. The Participant's task in the Competition is to solve programming tasks ("Competition Work") placed on the ChallengeRocket platform, located on the competition website at dbschenker.challengerocket.com, during the Competition.
4. Each Participant can register for the Competition and take the Competition tasks only once. After starting the test, the Participant must complete it within the given time limit. After the test is completed, it will not be possible to retake it. Participants who will try to register for the Competition from multiple accounts and take the test more than once will be disqualified.
6. The Organizer reserves the right to check whether the entire Competition Work code, excluding the ready, publicly available and legal libraries, was created by the Competition Participant as part of its duration.
7. In the event of a breach of the provisions of the Regulations and the generally applicable provisions of law, by the Competition Participant, the Organizer shall have the right to disqualify the given Participant from participation in the Competition. Verification of Competition Participants' conduct by the Organizer may take place not only during the Competition, but also during the preparation for and after the Competition, provided that the behavior of the Competition Participants is related to the Competition itself.
§ 4 [prizes]
1. The results obtained by the Participants in the Competition will be published after the end of the Competition.
2. The winner of the competition is a Participant who will solve all competition tasks in the shortest time and with the highest number of points.
3. The Organizer provides cash prizes to the Winning Participants who are the authors of the 3 best Competition Works, respectively for the following:
a) 1st place with a value of PLN 8 000 gross for the Participant,
b) 2. place worth PLN 5 000 gross for the Participant,
c) 3. place worth PLN 3 000 gross for the Participant.
4. The Organizer reserves the right to grant additional prizes to the Competition Participants.
5. The winners will be announced on June 15, 2020 via the website dbschenker.challengerocket.com.
6. The authors of the winning Competition Works undertake to provide ChallengeRocket with complete and correct bank account details and personal data enabling the tax settlement of the prize within 14 days from the date of announcing the Winners (ie from June 15, 2020). The payment of each prize will take place within 14 days counting from the day of receiving from the winner complete and correct data. If the above-mentioned information is not provided within 14 days from the date of announcing the Competition Winners (ie from June 15, 2020), the Organizer reserves the right to cancel the prize or grant it to another Participant.
7. Only ChallengeRocket is responsible for collecting and paying the due tax.
8. ChallengeRocket, as a payer of lump sum income tax for individuals, before paying the prize to the winning Participants - will calculate, collect and pay to the competent Tax Office a 10% flat-rate income tax due to the prize - pursuant to Art. 41 par. 7 of the Act of 26 July 1991 on personal income tax (consolidated text Journal of Laws of 2000, No. 14 item 176, as amended).
§ 5. [intellectual property rights to the competition work]
1. The Competition Participants remain the owners of all intellectual property rights to works and works created during the Competition.
2. The participant declares that the Competition Work is its authorship and does not infringe any rights of third parties. The Competition Participant also declares that he accepts full and unlimited liability for any claims of third parties directed to the Organizer regarding Competition Work, including claims arising in connection with the Competition Participant's performance of business or professional activity based on the Competition Work, with utilizing/using this Competition Work.
3. The Competition Participant grants the Organizers and DB Schenker permission to use photographs, screen shots and other materials showing the Participants, the site or other elements related to the Competition for internal and promotional purposes of the Organizer.
§ 6 [processing of personal data]
1. Pursuant to art. 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (hereafter "GDPR"), your personal data are processed by Organizer. There are many ways you can contact Organizer, including by phone, email, and post. More details can be seen here.
2. Your personal data will be processed to:
a) registration of participation in the Competition, conducting the Competition and submitting prizes (article 6 (1)(b) of the GDPR);
b) receive notifications of current job offers based on granted consent (article 6 (1)(a) of the GDPR);
d) fulfilment of the legal obligation (article 6(1)(c) of the GDPR).
3.Your personal data may be shared with:
a) our service providers pursuant to art. 28 of the GDPR;
b) subjects, bodies or authorities, independent data controllers, to whom it is mandatory to communicate your personal data in accordance with the provisions of law or orders of the authorities.
4. Your personal data will be stored for the period necessary to achieve the purpose of processing. However, no longer than the law provides or until you expressly object or withdraw your consent.
5. We may transfer your personal information to our suppliers, partners or service providers located outside the European Economic Area (EEA). At the same we strictly follow the GDPR and provide data only where the degree of security is guaranteed in accordance with the decisions of the European Commission.
6. Providing personal data is voluntary, but necessary to achieve the purpose for which it is collected.
7. Under the GDPR You have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability. You have also the right to withdraw your consent at any time and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
8. In order to exercise the rights listed above, the Participant may contact the Organizer via: email@example.com.
9. To the extent of the consent given by the Participant to receive notifications of current job offers, the Participant's data will be available to DB Schenker for this purpose. In this case, DB Schenker is a separate controller of the Participants' data used to send relevant notifications. You can learn about the rules regarding data processing by DB Schenker here.
§ 7 [final provisions]
1. The rules of the Competition are set out in these Regulations and Competition official website. All information about the Competition available in advertising materials is for information purposes only. In matters not covered by these Regulations, the provisions of the Civil Code, the Act on the Protection of Personal Data and the Act on Copyright and Related Rights shall apply.
2. The Organizer reserves the right to change the Regulations, if it is dictated by important reasons independent of the Organizer.
3. The Organizer will inform the Participant that the Regulations will be amended electronically and will place the Regulations in a new wording on the Competition website.
4. The Organizer is not liable for any material or non-material damage caused by the Participant in the results of taking part in the Competition or as a result of and in connection with the designation or not intended for the Award. The participant bears full responsibility for the damage caused.
5. The organizer reserves the right to change and/or remove content that violates the generally applicable law, during the Competition and to end the audience voting.
6. These Regulations will be published on the Competition website: dbschenker.challengerocket.com. The organizer may also publish the Regulations on the internal intranet.