Have you ever wondered how to save the planet from diseases? If so, bring your idea to life by taking part in the Early Warning for Epidemics challenge! The aim is to create an early-warning system based on Earth Observation data to improve the forecasting and monitoring of vector-borne diseases. Register until September 1, 2020 and win € 5 million!
Because of vector-borne diseases such as malaria, zika, dengue or yellow fever more than 1 million people die each year globally. In order to stop it, your challenge is to develop a scalable, reliable and cost-effective early-warning prototype system.
Your project should:
- include space, sky, sea, Earth and citizens’ observation data,
- consider technological solutions for big data,
- demonstrate system potential/added value at local level,
- involve technologies developed in the EU,
- and be scalable and sustainable.
This competition is adressed to individuals, groups and international companies. For more details go to the Early Warning for Epidemics official website.
If you would like to get to know more intersting challenges, we encourage you to read our article about IT events happening this July.