The contest rules online - EY GDS Poland Cybersecurity Challenge
§ 1 [preliminary provisions]
1. These regulations (hereinafter referred to as "Regulations") specify the rules and procedure for conducting the Competition under the name - EY GDS Poland Cybersecurity Challenge (hereinafter referred to as the "Competition") organized by ChallengeRocket Sp. z o.o. (Wolności 13/2, 35-073 Rzeszów, firstname.lastname@example.org), Tax Identification Number: 8133727946, REGON 365462321, KRS 0000638669; (hereinafter the content as "Organizer").
2. EY GDS (CS) POLAND Sp. z o.o. with a registered office in Warsaw (address: ul. Przyokopowa 26, NIP: 5252562243, REGON: 146832581, share capital of PLN 5,000.00) is the Titular Partner of the Competition (hereinafter referred to as "EY GDS Poland Cybersecurity Challenge”).
3. The Competition takes place on Dec 18, 2020 - Feb 21, 2021 in the form of an online competition.
4. Joining the Competition is possible only after accepting the terms of these Regulations.
§ 2 [the conditions for participation in the Competition]
1. The competition is intended for natural persons who, at the time of registering for participation in the Competition, meet the following conditions:
a) have turned 18 years old,
b) have full legal capacity,
c) read the content of these Regulations and accept its provisions.
2. The Competition cannot be attended by: employees of the Organizer or EY GDS Poland, nor the immediate family members (by members of the immediate family understood as: preliminary, descendants, siblings, spouses of siblings, spouses' parents, relatives in the sideline to the first degree and persons with an adoption or marriage ratio).
3. Participation in the Competition is free and voluntary.
§ 3 [rules of the competition]
1. The condition for participation in the Competition is to complete the registration form via the challengerocket.com/ey-cybersecurity-challenge website.
2. Participation in the Competition can be taken only individually. Participants apply individually to the competition.
3. The Participant's task in the Competition is to solve tasks ("Competition Work") placed on the ChallengeRocket platform, located on the competition website at challengerocket.com/ey-cybersecurity-challenge, during the Competition.
4. Each Participant can register for the Competition and take the Competition tasks only once. After starting the test, the Participant must complete it within the given time limit. After the test is completed, it will not be possible to retake it. Participants who will try to register for the Competition from multiple accounts and take the test more than once will be disqualified.
5. The Competition consists of 2 tasks. Participants are requested to:
- carry out a security audit of the Linux system and a WWW portal according to the instructions provided on the challenge page,
- submit a short written report describing critical system vulnerabilities.
6. Reports submitted by participants will be analyzed by the Jurors of EY GDS Poland and assessed based on the number of critical system vulnerabilities that have been identified and described.
7. In the event of a breach of the provisions of the Regulations and the generally applicable provisions of law, by the Competition Participant, the Organizer shall have the right to disqualify the given Participant from participation in the Competition. Verification of Competition Participants' conduct by the Organizer may take place not only during the Competition, but also during the preparation for and after the Competition, provided that the behavior of the Competition Participants is related to the Competition itself.
§ 4 [prizes]
1. The winner of the Competition is a Participant with the highest number of points (Participant Score).
2. In case two or more Participants achieve the same Score, the Participant's place is determined by the time of submitting a report (earlier entry wins).
3. Winners of the Competition will be contacted by the Organizer after the end of the Competition.
4. The results obtained by the Participants in the Competition will be published after the end of the Competition without publishing the names and surnames of the Participants.
5. The Organizer provides cash prizes to the Winning Participants
a) 1st place with a value of PLN 7 000 gross for the Participant,
b) 2nd place worth PLN 5 000 gross for the Participant,
c) 3rd place worth PLN 3 000 gross for the Participant.
6. The Organizer reserves the right to grant additional prizes to the Competition Participants.
5. The winners will be announced on February 26, 2021 via the website challengerocket.com/ey-cybersecurity-challenge.
6. The authors of the winning Competition Works undertake to provide ChallengeRocket with complete and correct bank account details and personal data enabling the tax settlement of the prize within 14 days from the date of announcing the Winners (i.e. from February 26, 2021). The payment of each prize will take place within 30 days counting from the day of receiving from the winner complete and correct data. If the above-mentioned information is not provided within 30 days from the date of announcing the Competition Winners (i.e. from February 26, 2021), the Organizer reserves the right to cancel the prize or grant it to another Participant.
7. Only ChallengeRocket is responsible for collecting and paying the due tax.
8. ChallengeRocket, as a payer of lump sum income tax for individuals, before paying the prize to the winning Participants - will calculate, collect and pay to the competent Tax Office a 10% flat-rate income tax due to the prize - pursuant to Art. 41 par. 7 of the Act of 26 July 1991 on personal income tax (consolidated text Journal of Laws of 2000, No. 14 item 176, as amended).
§ 5. [intellectual property rights to the competition work]
1. The Competition Participants remain the owners of all intellectual property rights, including copyrights to works and works created during the Competition.
2. The participant declares and ensures that the Competition Work is its sole authorship and does not infringe any rights of third parties. The Competition Participant also declares that he accepts full and unlimited liability for any claims of third parties directed to the Organizer regarding Competition Work, including claims arising in connection with the Competition Participant's performance of business or professional activity based on the Competition Work, with utilizing/using this Competition Work.
3. The Competition Participant grants the Organizers and EY GDS (CS) POLAND Sp. z o.o. permission to use photographs, screen shots and other materials showing the Participants images, the site or other elements related to the Competition for internal and promotional purposes of the Organizer.
§ 6 [processing of personal data]
1. Pursuant to art. 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (hereafter "GDPR"), your personal data are processed by Organizer.
2. Your personal data will be processed to:
a) registration of participation in the Competition, conducting the Competition and submitting prizes (article 6 (1)(b) of the GDPR);
b) receive notifications of current job offers based on granted consent (article 6 (1)(a) of the GDPR);
3. The Organizer or EY GDS (CS) POLAND Sp. z o.o. in the field of legitimate interest (article 6 (1)(f) of the GDPR) may during and after the Competition process the data in order to directly offer the Participant terms of cooperation.
4.Your personal data may be shared with:
a) our service providers pursuant to art. 28 of the GDPR including EY GDS (CS) POLAND Sp. z o.o.;
b) subjects, bodies or authorities, independent data controllers, to whom it is mandatory to communicate your personal data in accordance with the provisions of law or orders of the authorities.
5. Providing personal data by the Participant is voluntary, but it is necessary to participate in the Competition due to its type and manner of conducting.
6. Participants' data will be stored:
a) for the period necessary until the end of the Competition, and after that for the period and to the extent required by law or to secure any claims;
b) 12 months from the end of the Competition or until the Participant withdraws his consent to receive notifications of current job offers in EY GDS (CS) POLAND Sp. z o.o.;
c) for the period necessary until the legitimate interest underlying the processing is fulfilled or until the Participant objects to such processing.
7. Under the GDPR You have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
8. In order to exercise the rights listed above, the Participant may contact the Organizer via: email@example.com.
9. To the extent of the consent given by the Participant to receive notifications of current job offers, the Participant's data will be available to EY GDS (CS) POLAND Sp. z o.o. for this purpose. In this case, EY GDS (CS) POLAND Sp. z o.o. is a separate controller of the Participants' data used to send relevant notifications. You can learn about the rules regarding data processing by EY GDS (CS) POLAND Sp. z o.o. here.
§ 7 [final provisions]
1. The rules of the Competition are set out in these Regulations and Competition official website. All information about the Competition available in advertising materials is for information purposes only. In matters not covered by these Regulations, the provisions of the Civil Code, the Act on the Protection of Personal Data and the Act on Copyright and Related Rights shall apply.
2. The Organizer reserves the right to change the Regulations, if it is dictated by important reasons independent of the Organizer.
3. The Organizer will inform the Participant that the Regulations will be amended electronically and will place the Regulations in a new wording on the Competition website.
4. The Organizer is not liable for any material or non-material damage caused by the Participant in the results of taking part in the Competition or as a result of and in connection with the designation or not intended for the Award. The participant bears full responsibility for the damage caused.
5. The organizer reserves the right to change and/or remove content that violates the generally applicable law, during the Competition and to end the audience voting.
6. These Regulations will be published on the Competition website: challengerocket.com/ey-cybersecurity-challenge. The organizer may also publish the Regulations on the internal intranet.
Browse general Terms & Conditions for additional information.