The idea and how an app, website or bot can be used to reduce food waste is far more important at our Food Waste Hackathons, than actually understanding how to program. To make sure the ideas make sense from a technical point of view, programmers advise and help on how to implement the ideas. Participants were from different professions and more than 6 countries: Environmental students, programmers, entrepreneurs, game designers, communication managers, Food Sharing activists, food waste experts and marketing experts, designers and film makers. The broad mix of professions and people made the teamwork really interesting and the results impactful.
5 Food Waste Hackathons in 5 countries
- Austria, 25-27th, November 2016 Vienna
- Italy, 2017
- Czech Republic, 21-23th, April 2017 Prague
- Poland, 23-25th, June 2017 University of Wroclav
- Hungary, 26-28th, May 2017 Budapest
Food Waste Hackathon in Poland
The weekend from the 23rd till the 25th of June 2017 at the Wrocław Universityof Environmental and Life Sciences will be dedicated to reduce food waste with smart ideas.
1. How can we support a system for separate collection of organic waste in households?
2. How can we help food banks in Poland save more food from being wasted and distribute it to people in need?
3. How can apps help reduce food waste in Poland?
Everyone interested in helping coming up with ideas for Apps or Website that could help Czech Republic to reduce food waste should participate. Programmers, Designers, UX Designers, Enviromental students and professionals, marketing students and professionals, entrepreneurs.
Besides helping to reduce food waste, you meet nice people, network out of your bubble and spend a fun weekend with great people eating delicous food.