There are many ways to promote an IT employer's brand and their recruitment offer. These can be, for example, webinars, participation in industry events or publications in relevant media. Additionally, nowadays, most of these activities must be done online. However, the question arises, which of them give the fastest and best results?
The best solution, a virtual recruitment challenge, can come to the rescue. A publication of a job offer combined with a #SkillChallenge on the ChallengeRocket.com platform. A proven solution that has already been used by many companies. A few months ago, EY GDS Poland joined them. Find out more about the effects that were achieved during the EY GDS Poland Java Challenge recruitment campaign!
What were the goals of the EY GDS Poland Java Challenge?
- Promotion of the employer brand, especially in the era of increasing competitive talent on the employers market.
- Engaging the best Java developers (especially those who already have several years of commercial experience) in the company and its job offer.
- Offering candidates a non-standardized, better experience within the recruitment process.
- Initial assessment and gaining insight into candidates skills.
- Finally - employing the best suited candidates in terms of qualifications best matched to open jobs.
In the following Case Study, we describe what has been done to achieve these goals.
The solution consisted of several elements. First, the Candidate Hub (employer profile) of EY GDS Poland was published, containing information about the company, articles, current job offers and more. Thanks to that effort, it was possible to build the engagement of the community of potential candidates targeted around the brand.
Even before the start of the actual recruitment for Java programmers, a short #SnapChallenge was also launched on the company's profile, allowing for a surge of interest in the brand and its future initiatives among potential candidates.
Then, a dedicated Java recruitment challenge was launched on the ChallengeRocket.com platform, where an IT job offer combined with a competency test was published. This made it possible to attract the best talents and thanks to the #SkillChallenge formula - pre-evaluate their Java programming skills 100% online, and then invite the best matching candidates to continue on further in the recruitment process.
What results were achieved?
- The information about the EY GDS Poland recruitment challenge reached almost 34,000 people from designated target groups.
- Within the 2 months of the EY GDS Poland Java Challenge, the website with the recruitment offer was visited by 7,572 people.
- 356 people registered for the recruitment challenge, and 90% joined the challenge in the form of a test.
- 75% of candidates additionally attached their CV or a link to a private LinkedIn profile.
- More than half of the candidates obtained at least 50% of the points in the coding assignments.
Thanks to the recruitment challenge, over 350 candidates demonstrated their coding skills and joined the EY GDS Poland talent pool.
What other benefits did this type of talent recruitment solution bring to the company?
- Attracting a large number of candidates and saving time by focusing only on the best.
- Receiving immediate feedback on participants' performance.
- Distinguished Company Profile from traditional IT recruitment methods and enabling the ability to reach candidates who where difficult or impossible to reach using standard methods.
- Recruitment decisions could be made on the basis of data of real time skills and candidates performance.