Terms and Conditions of the "#HackTravelLabs - Ryanair Hackathon” Contest
§ 1 [preliminary provisions]
1. These Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as “Terms and Conditions”) specify the rules and the course of the "#HackTravelLabs - Ryanair Hackathon” contest (hereinafter referred to as “Contest”), organized by Ryanair Sun SA with its registered office in Warsaw, Etiudy Rewolucyjnej 40/34, 02-643 Warsaw, registered in District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw, 12th Commercial Division of the National Court Register, under KRS No 0000686416, NIP No. 5213788049; (hereinafter referred to as “Organizer”).
2. The Contest takes place on 14-15th April 2018 in Wroclaw, in Travel Labs Poland office, ul. Świętego Mikołaja 19.
3. Participation in the Contest is only possible after agreeing to the Terms and Conditions.
§ 2 [the terms of participations]
1. The Contest is open for:
a) Natural persons, who at the time of applying to the Contest:
i) are at least 18 years of age,
ii) are in full legal capacity to act,
iii) have read the Terms and Conditions and agreed to them during their application
b) Persons who possess / do not possess legal personality or organizations, who at the time of applying to the Contest have read the Terms and Conditions and agreed to them during their application.
2. The participation in the Contest is The Organizer, the Organizer’s affiliates’ representatives, the Organizer’s employees or any other person bound by a civil law agreement with the Organizer, as well as family members of the affiliates’ representatives and the employees, the Judges and their family members are all prohibited to enter the Contest. Family members are understood to be descendants, ancestors, siblings, siblings’ spouses, spouses’ parents, persons in the collateral line to the second degree, or persons related by affinity or by adoption.
3. The participation in the Contest is free of charge and voluntary.
4. The participants:
a) undertake to adhere to the Terms and Conditions;
b) declare that presented projects were created without the assistance, that the Participants are their exclusive authors and that they possess all legal rights to the projects, including copyrights;
c) guarantee that their projects will adhere to the generally accepted ethical standards and will not contain any criminal content, including racism, eroticism or brutality;
d) guarantee that their projects will not infringe the generally applicable law or violate any personal rights or economic rights of other people, or any third party’s intellectual property rights;
e) declare that submitted projects may be used for the Organizer’s commercial purposes.
§ 3 [rules of the contest]
1. To enter the Contest, it is necessary to fill in the application form on the official website of the event and submit it: https://challengerocket.com/hacktravellabs/register
2. During the Contest, the participants may work in teams (hereinafter referred to as “Team”) of two to five persons.
3. Each member of a Team is treated as the Contestant (hereinafter referred to as Contestant”). Each Contestant is obliged to submit a separate application, indicating the name of his or her Team.
4. Qualified Teams and Participants will be notified via email.
5. The Organizer reserves the right to limit the number of Applications for the Contest.
6. During the Contest, a Team may only work on a single Project.
7. The prizes and distinctions mentioned in the Terms and Conditions shall be awarded to the Contestants, who, conforming to the Terms and Conditions the schedule, will present project evaluated best by the Judges, in accordance with criteria listed in w § 4 item 2 of the Terms and Conditions.
8. The projects should be relevant to the Contest’s main theme.
9. The Contest starts on 14th April 2018 at 9:30 AM and closes on 15th April 2018 after 4:00 pm (“Contest Period”).
10. The Contest shall progress in line with the schedule at the event website: https://challengerocket.com/hacktravellabs
11. During the Contest Period, the Teams may develop and discuss the projects/solutions created earlier. The projects may only be presented to the Judges if they are finished and ready to be implemented.
12. During the Contest, the Organizer guarantees workplaces with an access to the internet. The Contestants will be provided with meals and beverages.
13. The organizer does not cover the Contestants’ travel costs.
14. The Teams shall present their Projects to the Judges. The time of a single presentation may not exceed 10 minutes.
15. Save the item 12 of this paragraph, each Team is obliged to provide any equipment, appliance or software necessary to work on the Project.
16. In case of a Contestant’s or a Team’s violation of the Terms and Conditions or the generally applicable law, the Organizer reserves the right to disqualify such Contestant or Team.
§ 4 [prizes]
1. The projects shall be evaluated by the chosen Judges.
2. The projects shall be evaluated according to the following criteria:
a) Originality (Includes creativity and uniqueness of the idea);
b) Design (Includes the extent to which the Project is polished and visually appealing);
c) Effective Use of the Ryanair API (Includes the extent to which the Project utilizes the Ryanair API);
d) Utility and Impact (Includes the uniqueness of the integration and the extent to which the Project impacts Ryanair clients);
e) The relevancy to the main theme.
3. The organizer provides the following prizes for the winning Team:
a) a flight to chosen destination,
b) winning idea featured on the Ryanair website.
4. The members of winning Team will be given a flight to chosen destination.
5. The Authors of the winning project will get a chance to further cooperate with the Organizer.
6. The organizer reserves the right to grant additional prizes and/or the right not to grant any prizes.
7. A Team shall receive only one prize. For any obligation of a Contestant, resulting from the Terms and Conditions, the members of his or her Team shall be held jointly responsible.
8. The decisions of the Judges are final and there shall be no appeal from them.
9. The announcement of the Hackathon’s winners shall take place on 15th April 2018 at 4:00 pm. The authors of the winning projects are obliged to supply the Organizer with complete personal data.
10. Each prize shall be increased by the amount equal to the 10% income tax of the total prize value. This additional amount shall be used to cover the 10% advanced income tax, charged for the total prize amount. The organizer, as the tax payer will deduct the 10% advanced income tax from the increased prize amount in order to pay the tax to the proper tax office.
11. The Organizer may award an additional prize or a distinction for one or more Projects in the form of an invitation, to a participation, on condition of payment, in a task force working on a solution proposed in the given Project.
§ 5 [intellectual property rights to the contest projects]
1. The Contestants hold all intellectual property rights to projects and works presented during the Contest. The issue of possible transfer of ownership rights associated with the winning project will be determined individually between winning Team and Organizer after the Contest.
2. The Teams declare that they are the sole authors of the presented Projects and that the Project does not violate any third parties’ rights. The Contestants declare that they assume complete and unhindered responsibility for any third parties’ claims against the Organizer, resulting from using the Contest Project in the Contestant’s professional or business activities.
3. By participating in the Contest, the Contestant grants permission to the Organizer to record his or her image on photographic and video materials, in promotional purposes through an indefinite period, without restrictions and without remuneration.
4. The Contestant grants permission to the Organizer to use any photographs showing the Projects presented at the Contest, in internal and promotional purposes.
5. In case of disagreement on the use of the Participant's image in any promotional materials, the Participant is obliged to inform the Organizer about this fact before the event starts.
§ 6 [final provisions]
1. The Organizer reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions, as long as it is caused by important matters beyond the control of the Organizer.
2. The Organizer shall inform the Contestants about any changes to the Terms and Conditions via electronic means and shall upload the amended Terms and Conditions on the website.
3. The Organizer shall not to be held responsible for any damage caused by Contestants. The Contestant shall be fully responsible for the damage caused by him or her.
4. The Contestant shall not remain under the influence of alcohol or drugs throughout the Contest.
5. The Organizer is the Administrator of the personal data of the Contestants, who are natural persons. The Organizer declares that the personal data shall be processed only in the purposes of the Contest, and that the data shall not be made available to any third parties. Providing personal data is voluntary, but necessary to enter the Contest. The Contestant has a right to access his or her personal data and modify it.
6. The Terms and Conditions shall be published on the website: https://challengerocket.com/hacktravellabs/rules The Organizer may also publish the Term and Conditions on his website.