The Competition Rules online - Microsoft Challenge vol. 3
§ 1 [preliminary provisions]
1. These regulations (hereinafter referred to as "Regulations") specify the rules and procedure for conducting the Competition under the name - Microsoft Challenge vol. 3 (hereinafter referred to as the "Competition") organized by PROIDEA Sp. z o. o. with registered office in Kraków, ul. Zakopiańska 9, 30-418, Tax Identification number: 6793088842, REGON: 122769022, KRS: 0000448243 (hereinafter the competition as "Organizer").
2. ChallengeRocket Sp. z o.o. is the executive administrator of the competition.
3. The Competition takes place on 14.09 (from 08:45) - 18.09.2020 (until 17:00) in the form of an online competition.
4. Joining the Competition is possible only after accepting the terms of these Regulations.
§ 2 [the conditions for participation in the Competition]
1. The competition is intended for natural persons who, at the time of registering for participation in the Competition, meet the following conditions:
a) have turned 18 years old,
b) have their place of residence in the territory of the Republic of Poland,
c) have full legal capacity,
d) read the content of these Regulations and accept its provisions.
2. The Competition can not be attended by: employees of the Organizer, nor the immediate family members (by members of the immediate family understood as: preliminary, descendants, siblings, spouses of siblings, spouses' parents, relatives in the sideline to the first degree and persons with an adoption or marriage ratio).
3. Only participants of the 4Developers ONLINE 2020 festival can participate in the Competition.
4. Participants must provide the same email address in the challenge registration form that was provided by them when registering for the 4Developers ONLINE 2020.
5. Participation in the Competition is free and voluntary.
§ 3 [rules of the competition]
1. Participation in the Competition can be taken only individually. Participants apply individually to the competition.
2. The Participant's task in the Competition is to solve programming tasks ("Competition Work") placed on the ChallengeRocket platform, located on the competition website at challengerocket.com/microsoft-challenge-vol3, during the Competition.
3. Each Participant can register for the Competition and take the Competition tasks only once. After starting the test, the Participant must complete it within the given time limit. After the test is completed, it will not be possible to retake it. Participants who will try to register for the Competition from multiple accounts and take the test more than once will be disqualified.
4. In the event of a breach of the provisions of the Regulations and the generally applicable provisions of law, by the Competition Participant, the Organizer shall have the right to disqualify the given Participant from participation in the Competition. Verification of Competition Participants' conduct by the Organizer may take place not only during the Competition, but also during the preparation for and after the Competition, provided that the behavior of the Competition Participants is related to the Competition itself.
§ 4 [prizes]
1. The winners will be announced after the official part of the 4Developers ONLINE 2020 on 18.09.2020, at about 17:45 as well as on Microsoft channel on the event communication platform (Discord).
2. The winner of the competition is a Participant who will solve all competition tasks in the shortest time and with the highest number of points.
3. The prizes are as follows: Xbox One console (for the first place) and 2 vouchers for the Steam platform (for the second and third place).
4. According to art. 21 paragraph 1 point 68 of the PIT Act, the value of winnings in competitions and games organized and broadcast by mass media (press, radio and television), including online competitions, is free of income tax, if the one-off value of these winnings or prizes does not exceed the amount of PLN 2000.
5. The Organizer reserves the right to grant additional prizes to the Competition Participants.
6. Prizes will be sent by post or electronically to the addresses indicated by the Winners within 45 days.
§ 5. [intellectual property rights to the competition work]
1. The Competition Participants remain the owners of all intellectual property rights to works and works created during the Competition.
2. The participant declares that the Competition Work is its authorship and does not infringe any rights of third parties. The Competition Participant also declares that he accepts full and unlimited liability for any claims of third parties directed to the Organizer regarding Competition Work, including claims arising in connection with the Competition Participant's performance of business or professional activity based on the Competition Work, with utilizing/using this Competition Work.
3. The Competition Participant grants the Organizers permission to use photographs, screen shots and other materials showing the Participants, the site or other elements related to the Competition for internal and promotional purposes of the Organizer.
§ 6 [processing of personal data]
1. Pursuant to art. 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (hereafter "GDPR"), your personal data are processed by Organizer.
2. Your personal data will be processed to registration of participation in the Competition, conducting the Competition and submitting prizes (article 6 (1)(b) of the GDPR);
3. The Organizer in the field of legitimate interest (art.6 par.1 let.f GDPR) may during and after the Competition process the data in order to directly propose the conditions of cooperation to the Participant.
4. Providing personal data by the Competition Participant is voluntary, but it is necessary to participate in the Contest due to its type and manner.
5. Participants' data will be stored:
a) for the period necessary until the end of the Competition, and after that time for the period and to the extent required by law or to secure any claims;
b) for the period necessary until the legitimate interest pursuing the processing is fulfilled or until the Participant objects to such processing.
6. The Organizer and ChallengeRocket provides Competition Participants with the exercise of their rights in relation to personal data being processed, i.e. the right to access data, the right to rectify data, the right to delete data, the right to limit data processing, the right to transfer data, the right to object to processing, submitting a complaint to the supervisory body and the right to withdraw consent to the processing of personal data at any time - to the extent that the processing is based on the consent of the Participant.
7. In order to withdraw consent to the processing of data by the Organizer, the Participant may do so by contacting the following address: email@example.com.
§ 7 [final provisions]
1. The rules of the Competition are set out in these Regulations and Competition official website. All information about the Competition available in advertising materials is for information purposes only. In matters not covered by these Regulations, the provisions of the Civil Code, the Act on the Protection of Personal Data and the Act on Copyright and Related Rights shall apply.
2. The Organizer reserves the right to change the Regulations, if it is dictated by important reasons independent of the Organizer.
3. The Organizer will inform the Participant that the Regulations will be amended electronically and will place the Regulations in a new wording on the Competition website.
4. The Organizer is not liable for any material or non-material damage caused by the Participant in the results of taking part in the Competition or as a result of and in connection with the designation or not intended for the Award. The participant bears full responsibility for the damage caused.
5. The Organizer reserves the right to change and/or remove content that violates the generally applicable law, during the Competition and to end the audience voting.
6. These Regulations will be published on the Competition website: challengerocket.com/microsoft-challenge-vol3.