Terms and Conditions of the „AccorHotels Warsaw Hackathon” Contest
§ 1 [preliminary provisions]
1. These Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as “Terms and Conditions”) specify the rules and the course of the „AccorHotels Warsaw Hackathon” contest (hereinafter referred to as “Contest”), organized by Orbis S.A, with its registered office in Warsaw, Bracka 16, 00-028 Warsaw, registered in District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw, 12th Commercial Division of the National Court Register, under KRS No 0000022622, NIP No. 5260250469; (hereinafter referred to as “Organizer”).
2. The Contest takes place on 15th December 2017 in Novotel Warszawa Airport hotel (Sierpnia 1, 02-134 Warsaw).
3. Participation in the Contest is only possible after agreeing to the Terms and Conditions.
§ 2 [the terms of participations]
1. The Contest is open for:
a) Natural persons, who at the time of applying to the Contest:
i) are at least 18 years of age,
ii) are in full legal capacity to act,
iii) have read the Terms and Conditions and agreed to them during their application
b) Persons who possess / do not possess legal personality or organizations, who at the time of applying to the Contest have read the Terms and Conditions and agreed to them during their application.
2. The participation in the Contest is The Organizer, the Organizer’s affiliates’ representatives, the Organizer’s employees or any other person bound by a civil law agreement with the Organizer, as well as family members of the affiliates’ representatives and the employees, the Judges and their family members are all prohibited to enter the Contest. Family members are understood to be descendants, ancestors, siblings, siblings’ spouses, spouses’ parents, persons in the collateral line to the second degree, or persons related by affinity or by adoption.
3. The participation in the Contest is free of charge and voluntary.
4. The participants:
a) undertake to adhere to the Terms and Conditions;
b) declare that presented projects were created without the assistance, that the Participants are their exclusive authors and that they possess all legal rights to the projects, including copyrights;
c) guarantee that their projects will adhere to the generally accepted ethical standards and will not contain any criminal content, including racism, eroticism or brutality;
d) guarantee that their projects will not infringe the generally applicable law or violate any personal rights or economic rights of other people, or any third party’s intellectual property rights;
e) declare that submitted projects may be used for the Organizer’s commercial purposes.
§ 3 [rules of the contest]
1. To enter the Contest, it is necessary to fill in the application form on the official website of the event and submit it.
2. During the Contest, the participants shall work in teams (hereinafter referred to as “Team”) of two to five persons.
3. Each member of a Team is treated as the Contestant (hereinafter referred to as Contestant”). Each Contestant is obliged to submit a separate application, indicating the name of his or her Team.
4. Qualified Teams will be notified via email.
5. The Organizer reserves the right to limit the number of Applications for the Contest.
6. During the Contest, a Team may only work on a single Project.
7. The prizes and distinctions mentioned in the Terms and Conditions shall be awarded to the Contestants, who, conforming to the Terms and Conditions the schedule, will present project evaluated best by the Judges, in accordance with criteria listed in w § 4 item 2 of the Terms and Conditions.
8. The projects should be relevant to the Contest’s main theme: “Guest Experience in hotel bathroom”.
9. The Contest starts on 15th December at 8:30 AM and closes at 8:00 PM the same day (“Contest Period”).
10. The Contest shall progress in line with the schedule at the event website: www.challengerocket.com/accorhotels.
11. During the Contest Period, the Teams may develop and discuss the projects/solutions created earlier. The projects may only be presented to the Judges if they are finished and ready to be implemented.
12. During the Contest, the Organizer guarantees workplaces with an access to the internet. The Contestants will be provided with meals and beverages.
13. The organizer does not cover the Contestants’ travel costs.
14. The Teams shall present their Projects to the Judges. The time of a single presentation may not exceed 7 minutes. After each presentation, there are 3 minutes scheduled for questions and answers.
15. Save the item 12 of this paragraph, each Team is obliged to provide any equipment, appliance or software necessary to work on the Project.
16. In case of a Contestant’s or a Team’s violation of the Terms and Conditions or the generally applicable law, the Organizer reserves the right to disqualify such Contestant or Team.
§ 4 [prizes]
1. The projects shall be evaluated by the following Judges:
a) Romain Perrot - Director of Strategy, and Innovation, Eastern Europe;
b) Jean-Yves Besnard - Head of digital Projects and Learning & Development, Eastern Europe;
c) Paulina Grzelak - Digital Project Manager, Poland and Baltic States;
d) Joanna Świerkosz - Vp Marketing, Quality, Loyalty;
e) Paweł Kwiatkowski - Co-Founder & CEO, ChallengeRocket.com.
2. The projects shall be evaluated according to the following criteria:
a) The quality and attractiveness of the solution;
b) The functionality and innovativeness of the solution;
c) The easiness of the implementation;
d) Aesthetics and design;
e) Social potential;
f) The relevancy to the main theme.
3. The organizer provides the following prizes for the winning Teams:
a) 1st place, the prize of a value of 2000 EUR for the Team;
b) 2nd place, the prize of a value of 1500 EUR for the Team;
c) 3rd place, the prize of a value of 1000 EUR for the Team.
4. The 3 winning Teams will receive double vouchers to Accor Hotels in Eastern Europe.
5. The Authors of the winning project will get a chance to further cooperate with the Organizer and implement their own solution in Accor Hotels in Eastern Europe.
6. The organizer reserves the right to grant additional prizes and/or the right not to grant any prizes.
7. A Team shall receive only one prize. For any obligation of a Contestant, resulting from the Terms and Conditions, the members of his or her Team shall be held jointly responsible. The winning team will have to choose their prize between the cash prize (2000 EUR) and the opportunity to pitch at central innovation unit in Paris.
8. The decisions of the Judges are final and there shall be no appeal from them.
9. The announcement of the Hackathon’s winners shall take place on 22nd December 2017. The authors of the winning projects are obliged to supply the Organizer with complete personal data and bank account numbers, allowing the tax settlement of the prize, within 14 days after the date of the announcement of the Winners (16.01.2017). The payment shall be made within 14 days after the complete date is given to the Organizer. In case of not delivering the aforementioned information within 14 days since the date of the announcement of the winners (since 22.12.2017), the Organizer reserves the right to cancel the prize or to award it to another Team.
10. Each prize shall be increased by the amount equal to the 10% income tax of the total prize value. This additional amount shall be used to cover the 10% advanced income tax, charged for the total prize amount. The organizer, as the tax payer will deduct the 10% advanced income tax from the increased prize amount in order to pay the tax to the proper tax office.
11. The Organizer may award an additional prize or a distinction for one or more Projects in the form of an invitation, to a participation, on condition of payment, in a task force working on a solution proposed in the given Project.
§ 5 [intellectual property rights to the contest projects]
1. The Contestants hold all intellectual property rights to projects and works presented during the Contest.
2. The Teams declare that they are the sole authors of the presented Projects and that the Project does not violate any third parties’ rights. The Contestants declare that they assume complete and unhindered responsibility for any third parties’ claims against the Organizer, resulting from using the Contest Project in the Contestant’s professional or business activities.
3. By participating in the Contest, the Contestant grants permission to the Organizer to record his or her image on photographic and video materials, in promotional purposes through an indefinite period, without restrictions and without remuneration.
4. The Contestant grants permission to the Organizer to use any photographs showing the Projects presented at the Contest, in internal and promotional purposes.
5. In case of disagreement on the use of the Participant's image in any promotional materials, the Participant is obliged to inform the Organizer about this fact before the event starts.
§ 6 [final provisions]
1. The Organizer reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions, as long as it is caused by important matters beyond the control of the Organizer.
2. The Organizer shall inform the Contestants about any changes to the Terms and Conditions via electronic means and shall upload the amended Terms and Conditions on the website.
3. The Organizer shall not to be held responsible for any damage caused by Contestants. The Contestant shall be fully responsible for the damage caused by him or her.
4. The Contestant shall not remain under the influence of alcohol or drugs throughout the Contest.
5. The Organizer is the Administrator of the personal data of the Contestants, who are natural persons. The Organizer declares that the personal data shall be processed only in the purposes of the Contest, and that the data shall not be made available to any third parties. Providing personal data is voluntary, but necessary to enter the Contest. The Contestant has a right to access his or her personal data and modify it.
6. The Terms and Conditions shall be published on the website: www.challengerocket.com/accorhotels/rules. The Organizer may also publish the Term and Conditions on his website.