We are excited, super excited, hyper excited today to launch our new Hackart competition!
Standing at the intersection of art and IT, and we need you to help us how much those to have in common. We're looking for innovative app solutions to promote art and culture among youth. Do you feel like participating? Consider getting some teammates with complementary skills! We believe in collaborative power of artists with technology experts.
New and Existing Solutions: Submissions may be newly created or pre-existing products modified to meet the content and requirements of this Challenge.
How it works?1.
Create app solution that would address at least one of the following challenges:
- generate interest in art and culture among younger generation (think of 16-25 as your target group).
- facilitate online registration to art events (think of innovative online ticketing systems)
- educate young people about art.
- show how technology can be put in use to make art more expressive.
2. Prepare short video or screencast (<2 minutes) demonstrating your solution. Show us your application in action or tell us what's the story behind it. Also provide a way for us to access your app.
3. Submit your solution before July 4th, 2016.
4. All eligible entries will take part in public voting competing for Popular Choice Award. Voting will take place between July 5nd - July 10th, 2016.
5. Finalists will be announced on July 20th, 2016 after Jury reach their decision. Winners receive prizes and may be invited to developer their apps in cooperation with selected cultural institutions.
Reasons to compete
- it's opportunity to check your skills and show us your talent.
- you may win valuable prizes!
- it's a chance meet interesting people
- you may have a chance to establish cooperation with leading institutions of culture
- winning award is super valuable badge on your CV
- creativity, originality, and “wow” factor of the idea,
- design aesthetics and usability,
- adherence to contest topic (does your solution address a problem),
- social impact (can you solution make a real change),
- market readiness level (is it free of obvious bugs),
- business potential.
Feel free to use any web or mobile platform. You may also include a hardware component (wearable, beacons). Just make sure we have a way to test your solution free of charge. We encourage you to use our sponsor technologies - IBM Bluemix and Estimote Beacons!
Find out more about hackathons in our hackathon section.