Nowadays, almost 450 thousand companies worldwide use SAP solutions and this number is constantly growing. The intensive development of the IT branch results in an increased demand for specialists in this field. Today, SAP experts are amongst the most in-demand employees on the IT job market.
The companies employing people with expertise and skills in SAP include Bosch - a global technology and services leader that certainly needs no introduction. The company was looking for new and creative ways to address candidates, both active job seekers and passive ones. These needs were answered by the publication on the ChallengeRocket.com platform of a recruitment offer combined with the SkillChallenge test that verified competencies in ABAP, SAP basics and SAP FI and SAP CO modules.
The objectives of the SAP Challenge by Bosch:
- To support current recruitment processes and provide pre-screened and employment-ready candidates for both current and future positions.
- To build an engaged talent community around the Bosch brand, consisting of SAP specialists, mainly from Warsaw or willing to relocate.
- Providing candidates with a customised, more engaging recruitment experience.
- Increasing brand awareness among people interested in SAP, who are competent in this area as well as verification of their skills.
- Discovering new candidates who would not have applied to conventional job adverts.
How have these objectives been achieved?
By publishing a recruitment offer combined with a dedicated online SkillChallenge tool on the ChallengeRocket.com platform. Assignments prepared as part of the Bosch recruitment challenge validated the set of competencies needed to work in the SAP team. For a SAP specialist, extensive theoretical knowledge is just as important as technical skills. Accordingly, the test consisted of both 11 theoretical questions and 4 coding tasks on SAP fundamentals, ABAP and SAP FI and SAP CO modules.
Thanks to this:
- Candidates were given the opportunity to demonstrate their SAP skills to Bosch.
- It was possible to recognise the best talent and gain some insight into their actual competences.
- The Bosch team gained access to a pool of candidates with pre-screened skills.
Furthermore, candidates were able to find new development opportunities for themselves and become more familiar with the employer brand through the publication of the company profile (Candidate Hub) of Bosch. There you will find information about the company, current job offers, articles and more.
What results have been achieved?
- In one month, around 2,500 people visited the recruitment challenge page and the Bosch profile.
- 51 people joined the SAP Challenge by Bosch and over 90% of them successfully proved their skills in the SkillChallenge.
- 12 candidates scored 70% or above in the test.
- Over 80% of people were interested in joining the recruitment process.
- Out of 10 candidates with the expected profile, 6 were interviewed over the phone and 2 ended up in the final recruitment process.
Other effects of the SAP Challenge by Bosch:
- The recruitment challenge attracted new candidates, previously unknown to the company, who were not available via conventional recruitment methods.
- The talent pool around the Bosch brand has been expanded by more than 50 candidates with SAP skills.
- Interest in SAP Challenge by Bosch was shown by both junior level candidates and professionals with more professional experience.
- Job adverts combined with an aptitude test provided candidates with a customised recruitment experience at a higher level.
Want to know more? Check the full interview with Joanna Wojdan-Liszewska - Employer Branding Expert at Bosch Poland.