Terms and Conditions of “ING Lion’s Den Modeling Challenge" Competition
§1 [Preliminary Provisions]
1. These Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as "Terms") specify the rules and process for conducting the Competition called - "Lion’s Den ING Modeling Challenge" (hereinafter referred to as the "Competition") organized by ING Bank Śląski S.A. headquartered in Katowice, Sokolska 34, 40-086 Katowice, registred at the district court Katowice-Wschód in Katowice, department VIII economic national court register under KRS number 0000005459. NIP: 634013547; (hereinafter the content as "Organizer"). The competition is organized on the territory of the Republic of Poland.
2. The competition takes place on May 16-17, 2018 at Google Campus Warsaw, Ząbkowska 33C, 03-736 Warsaw
3. Joining the Competition is possible only after accepting these Terms.
§2 [Conditions of Participation]
1. The competition is intended for natural persons who, at the time of registering for participation in the competition, meet the following criteria:
a) are 18 year of age or older,
b) possess full legal capacity,
c) read the content of these Terms and accept its provisions.
2. The Organizer's employees who are directly involved in the work related to the competition and their closest members of their families (by members of the immediate family are understood to mean: ascendants, descendants, siblings, spouse's siblings, spouse's parents, relatives in the sideline to I degree and persons in the adoption or marriage ratio) are prohibited from participating in the Competition.
3. Participation in the Competition is free and voluntary.
§3 [Competition Rules]
1. In order to participate in the Competition applicants must register via the website www.challengerocket.com/lionsden.
2. During the Competition, participants will work in teams (hereinafter "Team"), consisting of a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 3 people.
3. Each member of the Team is treated as a Competition Participant (hereinafter referred to as "Competition Participant"). If the person applying to participate in the Competition already has a team, each member must register individually and selecting the name of the team to which they belong to on the registration form.
4. Individual applicants will be able to join existing Teams during the Competition.
5. The selected individuals or teams will be informed by e-mail about qualifying for participation in the Competition.
6. The organizer reserves the right to limit the number of entries submitted to the competition.
7. During the Competition, the Team works on a single Competition Project.
8. The prizes or distinctions specified in the Terms will be awarded to the Competition Participants who, in accordance with the Competition Terms, terms and schedule, will present the best competition entries in the Jury's opinion, in accordance with the criteria set out in § 4 para. 2 of these Terms.
9. Competition entries should refer to the main theme of the Competition - Risk Analysis in Banking.
10. The competition lasts 24 hours ("Duration of the Competition"). The competition starts at 14:00 - 16 May 2017, ending at 14:00 the next day.
11. Participants taking part in the Competition are tasked with creating a complete solution from scratch ("Competition Project") during the Competition. Participants may use publicly available programming libraries and are required to use their own equipment during the Competition, including but not limited to laptops and software, and cellphones.
12. The competition will be conducted according to the following schedule:
Announcement of the Competition Theme 17.03.2018
Registrator 17.03. – 13.05.2018
Hackathon and Announcement of Winners 16-17.05.2018
13. During the Competition, the Organizer provides a place to work with access to the Internet. Competition participants will also be provided with meals and drinks. In the case of participants outside Warsaw, the Organizer provides transport in the form of bus tickets up to 75 PLN and accommodation up to PLN 150.
14. The organizer does not cover the travel costs of Warsaw-based participants.
15. During the Competition, Mentors will be available - ie representatives of the substantive areas of the Organizer who will support the participants and provide advice and answers to questions about the process of creating the Competition Project. Mentors will be available in the time intervals indicated by the Organizer.
16. Participants of the Competition will present their Competition Works to the Jury. The time of presentation of one competition entry may not exceed 10 minutes.
17. Subject to paragraph 14 above, Competition Participants are obliged to provide themselves with any equipment, devices or software necessary to perform the Competition Work.
18. In the event that a Participant of the Competition or the Team breaks the provisions of the Terms and/or generally applicable provisions of law, the Organizer will have the right to disqualify the given Team.
§ 4 [prizes]
1. Competition entries will be evaluated by the Jury composed of: 3 persons who are representatives of the Organizer, 3 persons who are not representatives of the Organizer.
2. Competition entries will be evaluated according to the following criteria:a) Innovation and attractiveness of the solution,b) Contentc) Business potentiald) Adequacy to the subject matter of the Competitionf) Method of presentation.
3. The organizer provides:
3.1. Prizes for Winning Teams consisting only of people who are not employees of the Organizer, for taking:
a) 1st place: PLN 10,000 for the Team
b) 2nd place: PLN 7,500 for the Team
c) 3rd place: PLN 5,000 for the Team.
4. The Organizer may award additional prizes to Participants.
5. The decisions of the Jury are final and cannot be appealed.
6. Announcement of winners
§ 5 [Intellectual Property Rights of the Competition Project]
1. The Participants shall be the owners of all intellectual property rights to works and works created during the Competition.
2. The team declares that the project implemented during Hackathon is its authorship and does not violate any rights of third parties. The participant also declares that he assumes full and unlimited liability for any claims of third parties directed to the Organizer, and arising in connection with the Participant's performance of business or professional activity based on the Project prepared during the Competition.
3. By participating in the Competition, the Participant grants the Organizers permission to record his image on photographic and video materials for promotional purposes for an indefinite period of time, without restrictions and without remuneration.
4. The Participant gives the Organizers permission to use all photographs showing the Competition Project, which were created during the Competition for internal and promotional purposes.
§ 6 [Final Provisions]
1. The Organizer reserves the right to change the Terms, if it is dictated by important reasons independent of the Organizer.
2. The Organizer will inform the Participant about the change of the Terms by electronic means and will place the Terms in the new wording on the website.
3. The Organizer is not responsible for any damage caused by the Participant. The participant bears full responsibility for the damage caused.
4. During the event the participants may not be under the influence of drugs.
5. The Organizer declares that he is the Administrator of personal data of Competition Participants who are natural persons, and that these data will be processed only for the purpose of conducting the Competition and its settlement, and that these data will not be disclosed to third parties. Providing personal data is voluntary, but necessary to participate in the Competition. The Competition Participant has the right to access their data and correct it.
6. These Terms will be published on the website: www.challengerocket.com/lionsden/rules.
7. The contest’s data administrator is ING Bank Śląski S.A. with headquartered in Katowice 40-086, Sokolska 34. Data is collected for recruitment purposes. You have the right to access your data and correct it. Providing data in the scope specified by the provisions of the Act of 26 June 1974. The Labor Code and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary.
TERMS & CONDITIONS IN POLISH - download it here.