NVIDIA JETSON DEVELOPER CHALLENGE - Official Rules
By entering this Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO AND ITS OTHER TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS), CANADA (EXCLUDING THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC), COLUMBIA, THE UNITED KINGDOM, ARGENTINA, AUSTRALIA, AUSTRIA, BELGIUM, BRAZIL, BULGARIA, CZECH REPUBLIC, DENMARK, FINLAND, FRANCE, GERMANY, GREECE, HONG KONG, HUNGARY, INDIA (EXCLUDING THE STATE OF TAMIL NADU), IRELAND, ISRAEL ITALY, JAPAN, LUXEMBURG, MAINLAND CHINA (EXCLUDING MACAU), MEXICO, NEW ZEALAND, NORWAY, PERU, PHILIPPINES, POLAND, PORTUGAL, ROMANIA, RUSSIA, SERBIA, SINGAPORE, SPAIN, SOUTH KOREA, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND, TAIWAN, THE NETHERLANDS, TURKEY, AND UKRAINE.
This Contest is sponsored by NVIDIA Corporation, with an address at 2701 San Tomas Expressway, Santa Clara, CA 95050, U.S.A. (hereinafter “NVIDIA” or “Sponsor”).
You must be a resident of either the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO AND ITS OTHER TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS), CANADA (EXCLUDING THE PROVINCE OF QUEBEC), COLUMBIA, THE UNITED KINGDOM, ARGENTINA, AUSTRALIA, AUSTRIA, BELGIUM, BRAZIL, BULGARIA, CZECH REPUBLIC, DENMARK, FINLAND, FRANCE, GERMANY, GREECE, HONG KONG; HUNGARY, INDIA (EXCLUDING THE STATE OF TAMIL NADU),IRELAND, ISRAEL, ITALY, JAPAN, LUXEMBURG, MAINLAND CHINA (EXCLUDING MACAU), MEXICO, NEW ZEALAND, NORWAY, PERU, PHILIPPINES, POLAND, PORTUGAL, ROMANIA, RUSSIA, SERBIA, SINGAPORE, SPAIN, SOUTH KOREA SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND, TAIWAN, THE NETHERLANDS, TURKEY, OR UKRAINE and eighteen (18) years of age or older to be eligible to participate in this Contest. This Contest is open to individuals or teams (max 5) only. Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, and their contractors, service providers and professional advisors connected with this Contest, as well as members of their immediate families and/or households, are NOT eligible to enter.
III. THE CHALLENGE
This Contest involves the following challenge: The entrants must submit an AI based project using the NVIDIA® Jetson™ AI supercomputer. The Contest will be hosted on a 3rd party platform - https://nvidia.challengerocket.com/.
Entrants must perform the following requirements of the Contest as follows:
- Register for the challenge.
Sign up to the NVIDIA Developer Program
- Assemble your team or apply solo.
- Fill out the application form.
- Create an AI project using NVIDIA® Jetson™.
- Submit your project by the submission deadline of February 18, 2018.
Finalists from all submissions will be chosen to continue refining their projects/prototypes and will be invited to GTC, Silicon Valley to present their working solution in front of the NVIDIA judges.
Entrants will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Use of AI and Deep Learning (AI should be part of your creation!);
- Quality of the idea (How cool and creative is your concept?);
- Quality of work (How well was your idea executed and how well does it leverage NVIDIA® Jetson TX2 or Jetson TX1?);
- Design of the project (How visually and aesthetically robust is your project?);
- Functionality of the project (How does your work perform?);
- Impact and scalability (Can the solution change the world?).
IV. PRIZES; ODDS OF WINNING
The prizes of this Challenge are as follows:
- Grand Prize: cash prize of $10,000, NVIDIA TITAN Xp, NVIDIA ® Jetson™ TX2 Developer Kit and Deep Learning Institute training with a total value of $11,799 USD;
- 2ND place prize: cash prize of $7,000, NVIDIA TITAN Xp, NVIDIA ® Jetson™ TX2 Developer Kit and Deep Learning Institute training with a total value of $8,799 USD;
- 3RD place prize: cash prize of $5,000, NVIDIA TITAN Xp, NVIDIA ® Jetson™ TX2 Developer Kit and Deep Learning Institute training with a total value of $6,799 USD;
- Honorable mention prize(s): NVIDIA TITAN Xp, NVIDIA ® Jetson™ TX2 Developer Kit and Deep Learning Institute training with a total value of $12,593 USD;
- Public Voters Choice prize: cash prize of $1,000, NVIDIA TITAN Xp, NVIDIA ® Jetson™ TX2 Developer Kit and Deep Learning Institute training with a total value of $2,799 USD.
In addition to the prizes mentioned above, some finalists will be invited to GTC, Silicon Valley to present their working solution to the NVIDIA judges.
It is possible for one (1) winner to receive two (2) or more prizes if they meet the winner requirements as aforementioned in section 3. The prizes are not assignable or transferable. Brand and model of prizes are subject to change by NVIDIA at any time for any reason and substitutions will be of equal or greater value. NVIDIA is not responsible or liable for the distribution of any prizes once they are shipped to the winner. The prizes offered, and the entrants that are successful, are not distinguishable by country and do not hold any bias and are equally attainable for all participating countries and their entrants. THIS CONTEST HAS NOT PREVIOUSLY BEEN OFFERED. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
V. ENTRY PERIOD
The entry period for this Contest begins at 10pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) on October 23, 2017 and ends at 11:59pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) on February 18, 2018 (hereinafter the “Entry Period”). Following the entry period, finalists will be chosen to continue refining their projects and invited (max of 2 members if in a team) to GTC, Silicon Valley to present. At GTC Silicon Valley, after the presentation, NVIDIA judges will select and announce the winners of the contest on March 29, 2018.
VI. CHALLENGE TIMELINE
- October 23, 2017 – Challenge Begins;
- February 18, 2018 – Challenge Ends;
- February 19 - March 4, 2018 – Voting and Review Period;
- March 5, 2018 – Finalists and Public Voters Choice Announced;
- March 6 - March 26 – Finalists Extended Build Period;
- March 26 - March 28 – Finalists Presentations;
- March 29 – Winners Announced at GTC, Silicon Valley.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THIS SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
VII. WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT; CLAIMING AND AWARDING OF PRIZE
The winners of the Grand Prize Bundle and 2nd Prize Bundle will be announced on the Contest Winners page and on or about March 29, 2018. Within 7 days following such announcement, all winners, including 3rd place, honorable mention, and Public Voters Choice if announced on the contest website, will be notified by NVIDIA via email or by the contest platform Challenge Rocket. Challenge Rocket bears payout of monetary prizes to the winners. To claim the prize, the winner must do the following within 30 days from the date of NVIDIA’s notification:
- confirm receipt of the notice by email (which confirmation must be sent from the same email address to which the notice was sent);
- and complete, sign and return a winner release form (as provided by NVIDIA along with its email notice) and such other requisite documentation (if any) listed in NVIDIA’s email notice.
Within 21 days following its receipt of the Required Winner Documents from the winner, NVIDIA will ship the prize via FedEx or similar courier service, at NVIDIA’s expense, to the winner’s mailing address specified in his/her winning entry. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if NVIDIA determines that the Required Winner Documents as returned by the winner are incomplete, erroneous, or otherwise not in order, NVIDIA may require the winner to provide complete or replacement documentation prior to shipment of prize. Digital prizes will be electronically emailed to the email address supplied as part of their contest submission.
IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL ENTRANTS: If a winner cannot be contacted or fails to claim the prize or to return the Required Winner Documents within the specified time period, or if the prize is returned as undeliverable, or if a winner fails to comply with any of the provisions of these Official Rules, such winner will be considered to have forfeited the prize. In such case, the prize will be awarded to the individual who submitted the next best entry as previously determined by NVIDIA.
The winner of this Contest is solely responsible for any and all applicable taxes and government charges that result from his/her receipt and/or use of the prize. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold and deduct such taxes and charges from the prize if and to the extent required by law.
IX. AGREEMENTS BY ENTRANT
1. By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees and acknowledges that Sponsor and Sponsor Related Parties shall not be responsible or liable for: (i) any late, lost, stolen, forged, mutilated, corrupted, incomplete, illegible or misdirected entries; (ii) any errors, omissions, misinformation, or misidentification in an entry; (iii) any dispute or claim arising from an entrant’s participation in this Contest or his/her entry, or his/her receipt, ownership or use of the prize; (iv) any computer hardware, software, Internet, network, cable, phone, or other communication or technical errors, failures, malfunctions, interruptions, or delays; or (v) any damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer hardware, software or data that results from participation in this Contest or accessing, downloading or using any tools, files, data, software, or other articles or materials in connection with this Contest.
2. By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees and consents to Sponsor’s collection, use and retention of his/her personal information for all purposes related to this Contest (including, without limitation, processing and administering entries, sharing an entrant’s personal information with Sponsor Related Parties as necessary to conduct and operate this Contest, communicating with and awarding the prize to the winner, making public announcements about the winner, and advertising, promoting and publicizing this Contest).
3. By entering this Contest each entrant understands and consents that Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of Sponsor, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, the entry, including, without limitation, the entry and entrant's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation. If entrant is a minor in his/her state of residence, a parent or guardian may be required to sign a Publicity Release on his/her behalf.
4. ANY ENTRY THAT IS IN BREACH OF ANY OF THE FOREGOING REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OR IS OTHERWISE IN VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WILL BE DEEMED VOID AND AUTOMATICALLY BE DISQUALIFIED FROM THIS CONTEST.
X. RESERVATION OF RIGHTS BY SPONSOR
Sponsor reserves the right, to the extent permitted by applicable law, to terminate, cancel, modify, or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part, if fraud, technical failures, or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of this Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If this Contest or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or otherwise does not permit entry, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by applicable law, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, cancel, modify or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any online service or web site or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and/or other remedies from any such person to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to take down and remove any entry that becomes subject to a third-party claim for copyright infringement or for violation of any other right.
XI. GOVERNING LAW; JURISDICTION
These Official Rules are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware, U.S.A., without giving effect to its conflicts of law rules. Each entrant hereby submits himself or herself to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in Santa Clara, California, U.S.A.
XII. CONTEST INFORMATION
The sponsor of this promotion is NVIDIA Corporation. The number of entries and winners, will be posted at https://nvidia.challengerocket.com/ and https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/community/jetson-challenge, after 03/29/18.