§ 1 [preliminary provisions]
- These regulations (hereinafter referred to as the "Regulations") define the rules and procedure of the Contest under the name - Go Green - Energy Efficiency Solutions (hereinafter referred to as "Contest"), organized by Viessmann Technika Grzewcza Sp z o.o. REGON 390687115, NIP 6912043634, KRS 0000131760 (hereinafter referred to as the "Organizer").
- The competition is organized online using the ChallengeRocket Platform from May 19, 2022 - October 21, 2022, including the stationary component of the event, on October 21, 2022 at the headquarters of the Viessmann R&D Center at 9 Duńska Street in Wrocław.
- Joining the Competition is possible only for users of the ChallengeRocket Platform after accepting the terms of these Regulations.
§ 2 [conditions for participation in the Competition]
- The Competition is intended for natural persons who, at the time of entering the Competition, meet the following conditions: a) are over 18 years of age, b) have their place of residence in the territory of the Republic of Poland, c) have full legal capacity, d) have read the content of these Regulations and accept its provisions.
- Participation in the Competition is free and voluntary.
- In order to participate, it is necessary to fill in the appropriate registration form via the Platform.
- You can take part in the Competition individually or in a team (from 2 to max. 16 people). Participants enter the competition on their own behalf.
- Each Competition Participant may be a member of only one team.
- The Organizer reserves the right to limit the number of accepted Entries to the Competition.
§ 3 [rules of the Competition]
- The task of the Participant in the Competition is to develop a software project supporting the use of renewable energy sources and/or enabling the management of renewable energy in households, industry or in everyday life.
- Each Participant may enter the Competition only once.
- Entrants who attempt to register for the Contest from multiple accounts and attempt the Contest more than once will be disqualified.
- The Organizer reserves the right to check whether all the Participant's work, excluding ready-made, publicly available and legal libraries, was created by the Competition Participant as part of the Competition.
- In the event of a breach by the Participant of the provisions of the Regulations and of generally applicable law, the Organizer will have the right to disqualify the Participant from participation in the Competition.
- In the event that the Competition Participant/Team needs to equip themself with additional accessories necessary for the implementation of the submitted Competition Entry, they may submit such a demand in the appropriate field of the Competition registration form, posted on the Platform. Applications will be considered by the Organizer and, if approved, these accessories will be available to Competition Participants on the day of the stationary part of the event, i.e. 21/10/2022 at the headquarters of the Viessmann R&D Center at ul. Duńska 9 in Wrocław.
§ 4 [adjudication]
- Competition participants will present their Competition Works to the Jury. The presentation time for one Competition Entry may not exceed 10 minutes.
- Competition Entries will be judged by the Jury.
- All Competition Entries will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Relevance - 20% of the final score,
- Innovation - 20% of the final score,
- Quality - 20% of the final score,
- Technological maturity level - 20% of the final score,
- WOW effect! - 20% of the final score.
- The Jury's decisions are final and may not be appealed against.
- The Organizer provides prizes to the Winning Participants / Teams who are the authors of the 3 highest-rated Competition Entries:
- 1st place - PLN 10,000 net (for the team),
- 2nd place - PLN 7,000 net (for the team),
- 3rd place - PLN 3,000 net (for the team).
- The Competition winners will be announced on 21/10/2022 during the stationary component of the event at the headquarters of the Viessmann R&D Center at 9 Duńska Street in Wrocław and via the Platform.
- The authors of the winning Competition Entries undertake to provide ChallengeRocket with complete and correct bank account details and personal data enabling the tax settlement of the prize within 14 days from the date of announcing the Winners (i.e. from 21/10/2022). The payment of each prize will be made within 14 days from the date of receipt of complete and correct data from the winner. If the above-mentioned information is not provided within 14 days from the date of announcing the Competition Winners (i.e. from 21/10/2022), the Organizer reserves the right to cancel the prize or award it to another Team.
- ChallengeRocket, as a flat-rate personal income tax payer, will calculate, collect and deliver to the appropriate tax office 10% flat-rate income tax due on the winnings in accordance with Art. 41 paragraph. the Act of July 26, 1991 on personal income tax (consolidated text: Journal of Laws of 2000, No. 14, item 176, as amended). The value of the paid award will be reduced by the flat-rate income tax of 10%.
§ 5. [intellectual property rights to the competition entry]
- The Participants shall submit statements about their copyright in the presented work. The statement must be signed by each co-author.
- The winners of the competition, upon acceptance of the prize, grant to the Organizer, an unlimited license, in all known fields of exploitation, for the recording and reproduction of the work, circulation of the original or copies on which the work was recorded, and other fields, such as public performance, exhibition, display, reproduction, broadcasting and rebroadcasting, making the work available to the public.
- The winner authorizes the Organizer to exercise derivative copyrights, to market and benefit from the development.
- The Team/Participant declares that the Competition Work produced and presented during the Hackathon is their authorship and does not infringe any rights of third parties. The Team/Participant also declares that they assume full and unlimited liability for any claims of third parties against the Organizer and Partners, arising in connection with the Participant's business or professional activity, based on the Competition Entry prepared during the Competition.
- By participating in the Competition, the Participant grants the Organizers and Partners permission to record his image on photo and video materials for promotional purposes for an indefinite period of time, without restrictions and without remuneration.
- The Participant gives the Organizers and Partners permission to use any photos showing the Competition Works that were created during the Competition for internal and promotional purposes.
§ 6 [processing of personal data]
- The administrator of personal data of Competition Participants within the meaning of art. 4 point 7 of the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the EU Council 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (hereinafter "GDPR") , obtained during registration for participation in the Competition and during the Competition is the Organizer.
- Personal data of the Competition Participants are made available to entities supporting the Organizer in the organization of the Competition.
- The personal data of the Competition Participants will be processed in order to register their participation in the Competition, conduct the Competition and transfer the Prizes in accordance with these Regulations and art. 6 sec. 1 lit. b GDPR.
- Participants' data will be stored:
- for the period necessary until the end of the Competition, and thereafter for the period and to the extent required by law or to secure any claims;
- for the period necessary until the legitimate interest constituting the basis for processing is fulfilled or until the Participant objects to such processing.
- Providing personal data by the Competition Participant is voluntary, however, it is necessary to take part in the Competition due to its type and manner of conducting.
- The Organizer and ChallengeRocket provide Competition Participants with the implementation of their rights in relation to the processed personal data, i.e. the right to access data, the right to rectify data, the right to delete data, the right to limit data processing, the right to transfer data, the right to object to processing, submit a complaint to the supervisory body and the right to withdraw consent to the processing of personal data at any time - to the extent that the processing is based on the consent of the Participant.
- In order to exercise the above-mentioned rights, the Participant may contact the Organizer at the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
§ 7 [final provisions]
- The rules of the Competition are set out in these Regulations. All information about the Competition available in the advertising materials is for information purposes only. In matters not covered by these Regulations, the provisions of the Civil Code, the Act on the Protection of Personal Data and the Act on Copyright and Related Rights shall apply.
- The Organizer reserves the right to change the Regulations, provided that it is dictated by important reasons beyond the control of the Organizer.
- The Organizer will inform the Participant about the change of the provisions of the Regulations by e-mail and will place the Regulations in the new wording on the Competition website.
- The Organizer shall not be liable for any property or non-material damage caused by the Participant as a result of taking part in the Competition or as a result of and in connection with the intended or not intended use of the Prize. The participant is fully responsible for the damage caused.
- The Organizer reserves the right to change and / or remove content that violates generally applicable laws during the Competition.
- The participant may submit reservations regarding the Competition.
- Complaints may be submitted via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complaints are recognized immediately. In the event that it is impossible to process the complaint within the indicated period, the Organizer will inform the applicant informs about it, providing at the same time the reason for the extension of the deadline for completion and the time provided for the reply.